Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
GoPro

Re: gopro hero 8 can't connect to pc

Hello @reuf. Are your GoPro files recognized by your computer or by Quik for desktop when the SD card is directly inserted via SD card adapter? Have you tried using the cable from your HERO6 Black camera package to connect the HERO8 Black to your computer? By any chance, have you been able to use a different computer to access your HERO8 Black footage? 

GoPro

Hello @skipmcq. Is there a case number that we can use as a reference for your interaction with Support? Thanks!

Tourist

Case#: 07518281

I have returned my camera as requested by Go Pro.. I worked with the Go Pro tech on the phone for several hours trying things on camera, card, cables and computer and we could not get camera or SD card with Go pro 8  footage to show up in QUICK. She suggested I return camera so I did.

GoPro

Thank you for the information you provided, @skipmcq. We will check with Support regarding the case. 

Tourist

Thank you.

I would appreciate it if my cameral replacement could be expedited, My defective camera is supposed to arrive in Riverside on Wed Feb 19

Tourist

Hi I'm trying to connect my gopro to my computer but when I plug it in with an usb cord it doesnt come up.

Tourist

To clarify, there is no "import files" pop up when I plug it in to my computer, even though my computer recognizes it is there

GoPro

Is it recognized as a storage device or an MTP device? @bobdini24

By the way are you using Mac or Windows?

-Jay