Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: gopro hero 8 can't connect to pc

As previously stated I have this problem, so what I tried was using my old computer with an older version of the GoPro quik - which worked! So my old computer with an older version of quik can detect my camera and import the files, and therefrom I then moved the files from my old computer to the new one. I see this problem as a bug for the new GoPro quik version! I hope that GoPro staff will have a look at this and fix this in a new version of the program.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

There is no new Quik version: it's the same version as I had with my GoPro 6. That camera did work with it. It's the same Quik version, same PC, same USB port, same SD card, even the same USB-C cable... The only difference is the camera. HERO 6 worked fine, HERO 8 does not.

If GoPro reads this, please provide me with some answers on how to support Windows 10 for this new camera.

Thanks

Highlighted
Sightseer

после установки программного обеспечения quik на ПК и сделал инструкцию для подключения все еще есть проблема.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone!

Please make sure you are using the cable supplied with the HERO8 Black

Alternatively you can also use another USB-C cable but ensure that the port is USB3.0

Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Windows

Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Mac

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Please don’t insult our intelligence by coming up with these standard answers. People take effort to report real bugs here.
As said, the camera came straight out of the box. I used the original cable. My hero 6 is recognized. My hero 8 is not. Quik is buggy, simple as that.
Highlighted
Hiker

I have tried everything. Spent all day downloading and re downloading Quick and resetting camera. Tried new SD. Reset USB ports . Spent 3 hours on phone with Go Pro. I was told to send brand new camera back. Not sure a new camera will solve this problem based on other comments
Highlighted
Hiker

So frustrating. I am sending back my brand new Hero 8 because it won’t connect with Quick. Spend hours trying to make it work. So frustrating
Highlighted
Hiker

could someone from GoPro please respond to this thread? We all seem to have the same problem: the new Hero 8 cannot connect to our PC. We've tried everything to no avail. Please tell us how to fix this and why we shouldn't send the device back because of malfunctioning.