Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: gopro hero 8 can't connect to pc

[ New ]
As previously stated I have this problem, so what I tried was using my old computer with an older version of the GoPro quik - which worked! So my old computer with an older version of quik can detect my camera and import the files, and therefrom I then moved the files from my old computer to the new one. I see this problem as a bug for the new GoPro quik version! I hope that GoPro staff will have a look at this and fix this in a new version of the program.
Hiker

[ New ]

There is no new Quik version: it's the same version as I had with my GoPro 6. That camera did work with it. It's the same Quik version, same PC, same USB port, same SD card, even the same USB-C cable... The only difference is the camera. HERO 6 worked fine, HERO 8 does not.

If GoPro reads this, please provide me with some answers on how to support Windows 10 for this new camera.

Thanks

Sightseer

[ New ]

после установки программного обеспечения quik на ПК и сделал инструкцию для подключения все еще есть проблема.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

Please make sure you are using the cable supplied with the HERO8 Black

Alternatively you can also use another USB-C cable but ensure that the port is USB3.0

Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Windows

Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Mac

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Please don’t insult our intelligence by coming up with these standard answers. People take effort to report real bugs here.
As said, the camera came straight out of the box. I used the original cable. My hero 6 is recognized. My hero 8 is not. Quik is buggy, simple as that.
Hiker

[ New ]
I have tried everything. Spent all day downloading and re downloading Quick and resetting camera. Tried new SD. Reset USB ports . Spent 3 hours on phone with Go Pro. I was told to send brand new camera back. Not sure a new camera will solve this problem based on other comments
Hiker

[ New ]
So frustrating. I am sending back my brand new Hero 8 because it won’t connect with Quick. Spend hours trying to make it work. So frustrating
Hiker

[ New ]

could someone from GoPro please respond to this thread? We all seem to have the same problem: the new Hero 8 cannot connect to our PC. We've tried everything to no avail. Please tell us how to fix this and why we shouldn't send the device back because of malfunctioning.