Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

gopro app shows im connected but it wont let me view media or enable preview

[ New ]

The gopro app lets me pair to my Gopro Hero 8 Black, but it won't let me view media. I've tried resetting connections, forgetting the wifi and bluetooth data from my phone, and making sure my gopro is up to date. When I select the "view media" button, it loads a pop-up that says "Device to use with gopro...". It then loads for a sec and loads a new pop-up that says "the application has cancelled the request to choose a device". This then opens a pop-up with a few trouble shooting ideas, a "try again" button, and a "get support" button.

GoPro

Re: gopro app shows im connected but it wont let me view media or enable preview

[ New ]

Hi @nicewave58535

Can you help us with the following information: Camera version, GoPro App version, phone and OS version.

You may also try the steps on https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: gopro app shows im connected but it wont let me view media or enable preview

[ New ]

Gopro Hero 8 Black, the gopro app is the android version, my phone is the Oneplus 7 pro, and it runs oxygen OS.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the information. @nicewave58535

Kindly try resetting the connection then connect to the camera manually:

Press and hold the image of the camera on the app, delete the entry from your camera history. 
Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings.

Then, manually connect to the camera from your phone’s WiFi settings.

You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then hitting the Info button on the camera.

Let us know how it goes.

It will also help if you can test the connection with another device.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the help! It seems to be working just fine now.