Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

gopro 8 and apple iMAC not downloading using Gopro quick

I just purchased a new GoPRO 8. My iMAC computer recognizes the GoPro 8 camera when connected in GoPRO Quik but although there are files on the card it shows "0" files to download. The camera and software works on Windows PC and an older MACbook Pro. I'm using mac OS version 10.15.2. I've verified USBs are working, file structure name is correct and using GoPRO Quik version 2.7.0.874

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: gopro 8 and apple iMAC not downloading using Gopro quick

Hello @coolwave6437. There are troubleshooting steps here https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Camera-is-Not-Recognized-on-Quik-for-desktop-Mac/ta-p/392989 that will help resolve the issue. Have a go at them and let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

Go Here at my post and it will works.

The New Mac Os Catalina need permision in order to use third party APP.

God Luck. 

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Mac-OS-CATALINA-with-QUIK-APP-is-WORK-Follow-t... 

Highlighted
Hiker

No

Not even with permission it will NOT work.

Quik is broken, GP have admitted that in multiple posts.

They need to fix it but the fix is a long time coming.

Highlighted
Nomad

Maybe doesn't work for you, it's WORKS for me only thing is not detects the GPS Data
Highlighted
Tourist

I tried both of these before I reached out to the community.  Neither of them worked.

Highlighted
Nomad

Need more detail about your iMac what year, video card, memory size... my macbook pro is 2018 with touchbar just update my MacOs Catalina to 10.15.3 Plugin my HERO 8 the APP launch even faster than before files transfer from GP APP to Computer is faster than before I cannot explain that but I like it a lot, is your iMac 2012 to 2014 old computer? I'm just asking you need to be more specific... Also what brand of your MicroSD Card are you using for your HERO 8, Test with your GoPro USB C Cable if doesn't work try your Apple USC Cable if not than you may use a EXTERNAL CARD reader to see is there any file on your Micro SD Card use Mac Photos  to see if detects your GP and the files if your Mac Photos able to see it than you need to contact GoPro Support, you may need to provide some screen shot for better understanding your problem and we can help you. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the help. I do have an old iMac (2011).  I will have to call GOPRO support, but at least apple Photos see's my gopro and files drop into that nicely and then I can edit from there by pulling in media to the gopro app if I want too.  If they find a different solution, I'll post it. Cheers,