Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

gopro 7 hero black gopro software sucks , it stinks, I hate it and wish I had bought a different cam

[ New ]

i h ave been trying to use my new hero  black for a week and every time i start the quik desk top program and try to go into create it crashes instantly, no matter what i try research there is no solution, i am not a software engineer but it is pretty easy to figure out that if i am working with  an apple comtuter or phone or some apple device, then i am screwed, or if i don't have the latest and speediest hardware i am screwed, so thanks for nothing gopro, you should warn people of this crap, i hate your software, it is impossible to setup, so thus, your camera is useless as well, i will not promote or buy your **bleep** ever again if i can't get this matter staightened out, quick.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: gopro 7 hero black gopro software sucks , it stinks, I hate it and wish I had bought a differ...

[ New ]

Apologies for any troubles caused @agilerange85527

Please try these steps:

Mac

• Restart your computer.
  • Create a new admin account and verify if the other account is able to open Quik for desktop. 
  • Uninstall and reinstall Quik for desktop.

If Quik for desktop launches successfully under your new admin account, then you'll need to locate and delete the goproapp.json file from the problematic account on your computer. Follow the next set of steps to do this.

1. Navigate to C:\Users\<OldUserName>\AppData\Local\GoPro\goproapp.json
  2. Delete the goproapp.json file and relaunch Quik for desktop.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

Re: gopro 7 hero black gopro software sucks , it stinks, I hate it and wish I had bought a different

[ New ]

I have. 

PU: Intel i7 - 8750H - 6 Core

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060

RAM: 24 GB

SSD: 250 GB Samsung Evo 970

Also, I can not play GoPro Quick videos. Quick App is **bleep**. I use other editing softwer and i have no problem. 

GoPro

Re: gopro 7 hero black gopro software sucks , it stinks, I hate it and wish I had bought a differ...

[ New ]

Apologies for any troubles caused @agilerange85527

Please try these steps:

Mac

• Restart your computer.
  • Create a new admin account and verify if the other account is able to open Quik for desktop. 
  • Uninstall and reinstall Quik for desktop.

If Quik for desktop launches successfully under your new admin account, then you'll need to locate and delete the goproapp.json file from the problematic account on your computer. Follow the next set of steps to do this.

1. Navigate to C:\Users\<OldUserName>\AppData\Local\GoPro\goproapp.json
  2. Delete the goproapp.json file and relaunch Quik for desktop.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej