Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist
Accepted Solution

go pro studio

Hi,

Where can i find Go pro Studio for down load, i seen videos on how editing video with the Go pro Studio is easier.

Regards

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: go pro studio

Hello @nicesand82075

The GoPro Studio application has long been retired. You can read about it here, including information on alternative editing applications. There are more editing program suggestions that you can explore through this article. I hope this helps. 

Best regards, 

Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hello @nicesand82075

The GoPro Studio application has long been retired. You can read about it here, including information on alternative editing applications. There are more editing program suggestions that you can explore through this article. I hope this helps. 

Best regards, 

Marius

Sightseer

Why????????????????????

GoPro Quick/Desktop is crap slow & buggy. With very little editing options compered to GoPro Studio.   

GoPro

We have already submitted feedback on performance of Quik for desktop to the team in charge, @spirycave26044. In the meantime, you might want to explore other programs for viewing and editing your GoPro media. You can find such information here https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/Programs-to-View-and-Edit-Videos . Thanks! 

Sightseer

I wanna make videos longer then 60 seconds... the go pro app Quik is garbage... GoPro studio was way easier to use, better and easier to edit with ... like how am I gonna make the videos I used too when the quik desktop never works ... very dispointed
Hiker

Do you a see a fork and knife on food menu items? This is what you are saying now.. There are numerous posts on the internet with the same issue, i will not credit GoPro because they provide it for 'free''. Trust me is not free, every GoPro sold accounts for a portion for maintaining the software. 

Explorer

You're not getting a fork and knife at a restaurant unless you are buying something. Dumb analogy. And of course a portion of profits goes into things like software development, engineering, sales, marketing, building, even janitorial services. However, since you can download the software without ever purchasing a camera, then yes, it is free. Perhaps you can say the cost is recouped through camera sales, but if one does not purchase a camera, how is it that they are paying for the software?

Regardless, GoPro does provide desktop and mobile software. Not all resolutions and frame rates are supported. However, they sell cameras, not software. There are plenty of free options available. You have been given the information on your other post.

Do you think that every camera company provides editing software that matches the capability of their cameras? I'll save you some time...They don't.

Should they also provide you a computer and mobile device to go along with it as well? Surely the camera and software are no good without the proper editing hardware. And, who's to say you have the knowledge to properly edit? How ridiculous is it that they don't also provide a private tutor to come to your house and teach you proper color grading and editing techniques!

As far as editing HEVC video. HEVC is not yet supported in the Quik Desktop app.

You need a program that can handle HEVC format such as Adobe Premiere.
You can also see the list I provided above to find an editor that suits your needs. You aren't handcuffed to GoPro software. Believe it or not, most video editing is done on software NOT developed by camera companies. Usually, and this might be a bit of a shock, they are actually edited on software developed by software companies.

Considering that, "HEVC files play properly in Windows 10 Photos app, i can even edit them in HEVC format " then it appears you have solved your issue.

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/hevc - You can check this article for more information.

If it is absolutely paramount to you that you utilize GoPro software to edit your videos, keep checking back periodically Here https://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp and Here https://gopro.com/news
Also, be sure to sign up for news + deals below.