03-19-2019 06:43 AM
Hi every body. I bought go pro hero 7 black on 26 of January. The first time we film something was yesturday morning and after i put it on charching at 36%/. The same day at evening i went to check the camera and i found out that it didn't turn on. It didn't rect to any to any actions with it. Yesturday evening and on this day i was to fix it using the instractions, but it didn't help. I am in different country and forgot to take he hdmi cabel so some actions with it i can not do. I hope that your time will listen to my story and come up with solution to my problem. THANK YOU !
03-19-2019 08:24 AM
Sorry for any troubles caused. Please follow these instructions to get your HERO7 camera to power on again:
- Disconnect the camera from any external power source and remove SD card. Remove and reinsert battery.
- Press the Mode Button to see if the camera responds (look for LED illumination, beeps, or a response from the camera’s screens).
- If there's no response, attempt to reset camera by pressing and holding the Mode Button for 8-10 seconds. After releasing the button, leave the camera alone for ≈5 seconds and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
- Note: This step is only for HERO7 Black, if you have HERO7 White or Silver, proceed to Step 5. If still unable to get any sign of life from camera, remove the battery and connect to a 5V 2A wall charger (5V 1A minimum) using the GoPro USB Type-C cable, let it sit for 5 seconds and try to turn the camera on (with the battery still removed). NOTE: In a pinch, you can use a computer USB port, but we do not recommend using a multi-port USB hub when trying to charge the camera. If the camera does not turn on, try using a secondary USB Type-C cable.
- If/when red LEDs illuminate, allow camera to remain charging for a few minutes.
- Remove the camera from charging source and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
- If provided with a response, allow camera to turn back off, insert the SD card and wait ≈5 seconds, then attempt to record a sample video.
If you are still unable to power on your HERO7 camera, please reach out to our Support Team.
They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs