Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

go pro files not showing on laptop or quik

Hi.

I connect my GoPro up to my laptop and although the GoPro appears on windows explorer, it doesn't appear in the quik app.  Also, the files do not appear on either.  How can I rectify this?  The 'USB Connected' image shows on the GoPro.  I have removed the SD card and inserted separately to view the files and this works although it is a complete inconvenience to do this.

Please can you let me know how to rectify this?

Best,

Sam

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: go pro files not showing on laptop or quik

@mamsorris, does the GoPro camera displays as an MTP USB device when viewed from your computer's device manager window? There are some suggested troubleshooting steps discussed in this thread that worked for some users. Please try it out and let us know how it works for you.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

I have tried all of the following link and it still doesn't work.

https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/Camera-is-Not-Recognized-on-GoPro-App-for-...

I have also managed to use the app/filing system properly previously and have not changed anything with the laptop/GoPro

GoPro

@mamsorris, does the GoPro camera displays as an MTP USB device when viewed from your computer's device manager window? There are some suggested troubleshooting steps discussed in this thread that worked for some users. Please try it out and let us know how it works for you.