Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

gauges move when uploaded to youtube.

[ New ]

when i upload a video with gauges to youtube, the location and size of the gauges changes. Why?

GoPro

Re: gauges move when uploaded to youtube.

[ New ]

Hi @superdive86505

Would you be able to share a sample file or a screenshot showing the issue/difference?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

The first file shows how the gauges appear in the GoPro app after I arranged and resized them.

The second file shows how they appear after uploading that video to YouTube.

??

After upload to YouTube.png
Tourist

[ New ]

This is the GoPro video

GoPro video.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the attached images, @superdive86505. Was the video shared directly from the GoPro App? We shared a video with GPS stickers directly from the App to YouTube but we are not able to replicate the issue.

Are you observing this with other files? Which mobile device are you using, and which OS is it running on? Do you have the latest version (v6.15) of the GoPro App installed? 

Nomad

[ New ]

Which version of Quik are you using? You can try exporting your video to a file on your desktop instead of YouTube and see if that still happens. Double click your video file in the media screen, add the gauges in the preview window and use the scissors icon to (optionally) trim the clip and save it to your desktop as a file.

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm using 2.7.0.874 of quick.

I can select a clip in the media window, add the gauges, arrange them, but then I don't see how to save it as a file.

I can Share to YouTube or FaceBook, but I don't see an option to save as a file to my computer.

If I go into Create mode, am I limited to 30 sec clips?

???

Nomad

[ New ]
Version 2.7.0 of Quik has synchronization issues with the data in some of videos. Maybe it also has the issue you are describing. Vesrion 2.5.0 seems to work best for most people.

You can export the whole video by clicking on the scissors icon (you don't really have to trim any of the video)