Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

fusion underwater

Has anyone figured out a way to effectively stitch images that were taken underwater with a protective housing (which I have)?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: fusion underwater

Hi @lsd-discover

Though waterproof to 5m (16'), we do not recommend capturing footage with Fusion while submerged, as the camera utilizes spherical lenses.

Submerged video and photo footage will exhibit extreme distortion due to the properties of shooting through spherical lenses while underwater.  

Anyone who has tried their Fusion underwater?

How was it?

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

Explorer

The only housing that I know of which will preserve the 360 capability underwater is the 360bubble. The 360bubble looks kind of like a fish bowl turned upside down with a seal over the opening.

The waterproof housing found on Amazon and a few other sites that is square and fits snugly over the Fusion camera provides protection, but does not allow for usable underwater filming.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @lsd-discover

Though waterproof to 5m (16'), we do not recommend capturing footage with Fusion while submerged, as the camera utilizes spherical lenses.

Submerged video and photo footage will exhibit extreme distortion due to the properties of shooting through spherical lenses while underwater.  

Anyone who has tried their Fusion underwater?

How was it?

Thanks!

Ej

Explorer

The only housing that I know of which will preserve the 360 capability underwater is the 360bubble. The 360bubble looks kind of like a fish bowl turned upside down with a seal over the opening.

The waterproof housing found on Amazon and a few other sites that is square and fits snugly over the Fusion camera provides protection, but does not allow for usable underwater filming.