Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

files not importing from camera to quik

[ New ]

Hi. I just got my new Go Pro Hero 7 Black yesterday. 3 fully charged batteries, 128g scandisk extreme micro sd. Recorded 6 quick little videos to test. Downloaded app on I phone, sync’d and works great. Downloaded Quik and Go-Pro Studio. Did all the updates. Can view my test clips on my camera no problem, but when I plug in the usb to my laptop, nothing. Camera reads “USB CONNECTED”. That’s it. What am I not doing rite to upload onto my computer so I can view and edit? Please help.

Sightseer

Re: files not importing from camera to quik

[ New ]

Same problem here...

GoPro

[ New ]

@rapidhill12565, @maartens7803, please run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed. Use the GoPro USB-C cable that came with the camera. There are some troubleshooting steps here that will help: 

Additionally, if using macOS Catalina, you can try the suggestions in this thread to see if they'll work for you: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Quik-not-compatible-with-macOS-Catalina/m-p/50... 

And make sure that your Mac system allows access to removable devices. See this thread https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/GoPro-Quick-Mac-import-not-working-import-butt... for more details. 

Alternatively, you may use an SD card reader/adapter to connect the microSD card to your computer. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same problem on Hero8 Black purchased 2 days ago. Maybe GoPro needs to look into their software and see if there is an issue. It would be a remarkable coincidence if we all have the same issue and it not be a central issue.

Tourist

[ New ]
I spent over an hour on the phone with a C.S. Rep trying every single trouble shooting method possible. I mean ALL of them! It’s without a doubt a software issue on the Quick. Will have to wait till the updated to resolve this problem there’s nothing we can do. Until then get a converter USB take the microSD out of your camera and stick it into your computer or laptop manually :/ Quik is useless. I’ve already uninstalled it
Tourist

Rif.: files not importing from camera to quik

[ New ]

same problem Gopro Max

GoPro

Re: Rif.: files not importing from camera to quik

[ New ]

Hello, @minop8. The Quik for desktop application can only detect MAX files captured via HERO Mode. If you are using a Windows computer, you might want to check out the GoPro MAX Exporter

Our team is in very active development of the GoPro Player for Windows. If you haven't yet, sign up to be part of the Beta test group so you can have access to the latest build/version of the GoPro Player for Windows and share your feedback, too. To start, please fill out the form at https://forms.gle/fJgfm982PUPbn23D7 .

You may also join the discussions here

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @codyb6716 and @rapidhill12565. If you have not contacted our Support team yet, please do so. Alternatively, you may explore other programs that can be used to view and edit your GoPro footage.