Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

file name is changing

hello

when i transfer file from sd to Mac camera upload filename changes from nummer to date

for ex GH125312. in 2016-01-01mpg

how cab i overrul this setting and keep the numeric file name?

thanks

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: file name is changing

Hello, @nordictipis. Is this a recent change that you are observing? How and when does the change happen? Is the file name changed when viewed through Quik for desktop, too? Will you be able to send us screenshots showing such? Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello

please find a snapshot of the same files

on top you see some renamed files

( i took the sd card and put it my mac, he started coping the file to camera upload)

other question

I load all these file on monday on gopro plus

I saw them 

now i am checking again

all gone?

what did i wrong?

greets

TIm

Screenshot 2020-05-20 at 07.04.10.png
Highlighted
GoPro

@nordictipis. Could there be a setting on your computer that may have changed the file names? We tested with files through Quik for desktop and File Finder in Mac but we are unable to replicate the issue. 

Were the files really captured in 2016? When you uploaded them to PLUS, did you get a confirmation of the successful upload? Which method did you use to upload them to the PLUS cloud?

If you haven't yet, check through your PLUS media library by logging in to plus.gopro.com . See if you will find the files there. Please scroll through the library as the files may be incorrectly dated and could be located under a different timeline.