Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

downloading video onto laptop

[ New ]

i am trying to download videos onto my macbook by plugging the gopro (hero 7 silver) into the laptop but when i do this there is meant to be a prompt but the gopro screen just says USB connected and nothing

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: downloading video onto laptop

[ New ]

Hello @louieb47. Do you have Quik for desktop installed on your computer? If you have, simply connect the camera to the computer and the Quik for desktop app will recognize the camera and allow you to import the footage. The USB indicator that is seen on the camera screen is normal. 

If connecting the camera directly to the computer still does not work, try inserting the SD card to the computer using an SD card adapter. You should be able to access and view your GoPro footage this way. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: downloading video onto laptop

[ New ]

Hello @louieb47. Do you have Quik for desktop installed on your computer? If you have, simply connect the camera to the computer and the Quik for desktop app will recognize the camera and allow you to import the footage. The USB indicator that is seen on the camera screen is normal. 

If connecting the camera directly to the computer still does not work, try inserting the SD card to the computer using an SD card adapter. You should be able to access and view your GoPro footage this way.