Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

does not connect to windows 10

[ New ]

GoPro 8 Hero, does not connet to Windows 10 via USB, how that can be... in such a expensive product nowadays... really sucks.

GoPro

Re: does not connect to windows 10

[ New ]

Hi @tinni73,

Try to uninstall and reinstall your camera's USB driver. 

If you need assistance please contact GoPro customer support. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

-Jay

Tourist

[ New ]

same here with go pro black 7

GoPro

[ New ]

When did this issue started @radvan138,

Is there an update on your computer?

If it is working before, you can uninstall the USB driver of your camera then reinstall it.

-Jay

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have just bought a Gopro 8 and have the same issue. 

Windows 10 does not detect the camera when I connect it via usb. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @sidproblack. These troubleshooting steps will help. Have a go at them and let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Having the same issue with GoPro8.  Bought it for use on planned vacation.  Now, could not get files to download on to computer with Windows 10.  Wasted all day trying to over the recommended methods on this topic to fix without any success.  This is very frustrating.  Please, have you lab team take a look at the issue and provide a real solution.  An MTP issue (petty) should not be happening to such a device with high stature in the multi media products.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @donaldm53087. To verify, does your computer also not recognize the HERO8 Black media even when the SD card is inserted directly through an adapter? What about other media players on your computer? 

Tourist

[ New ]

Please clarify your question.  "To verify, does your computer also not recognize the HERO8 Black media even when the SD card is inserted directly through an adapter?"  I don't need an adapter.  The SD card is in the GoPro and I plug in the GoPro directly to the computer.  Why would I need an adapter?

When I plug in the GoPro to the computer (via usb), the device driver for the GoPro shows up in the Device and Printers but the GoPro does not show up in the folders list in the folder (file explorer).

What about other media players on your computer?
There are no other media players on the computer.  How does that matter?  When I plug in my Galaxy Phone (a media player), it shows up on the folder (file explorer).  This show that the computer recognizes other devices if that is where you're getting at and if my phone is recognized, then why is it that, the GoPro isn't?  This is terrible!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @donaldm53087

Testing the SD card with the adapter will help isolate the issue further.

If you haven't yet, please refer to Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Windows

You may also check this thread.

If all else fails, please reach out to our Support Team.

You may contact them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi i have same problem. But i don’t have sd card slot in my laptop and i don’t have any other issues with different devices
Sightseer

[ New ]

достал свою hero4 , не могу не соеденить ее как с android , так и с iphone 11/ УЖАС . засбил, настроил в мануале. написал видосов , так теперь не могу нарезать видео, приложение для ПК после входа не импортирует вилио и не соединяется с камерой, вылетает из аккаунта. 

GoPro

[ New ]

@dyagilevvb, sorry to hear about the trouble. Have you already tried the previously suggested troubleshooting steps?

Hiker

[ New ]

I have this issue on Windows 10 and with Windows 7, on two different laptops with two different cameras (Hero 2014 and Hero 4 Session).

None of the steps taken would resolve it in any of the cases. Having to remove the SD card and use an adapter is a workaround but a USB cable is much simpler and charges the camera at the same time.

Just adding this as I would like to follow the thread and hopefully find a solution.

GoPro

[ New ]

Even uninstalling and reinstalling USB Drivers? @deanr2309

https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/Camera-is-Not-Recognized-on-GoPro-App-for-...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uem6BbNEj-I

Check those links posted above. 

-Jay

Hiker

[ New ]

Hey @jayr3438, I'd been through the steps on the GoPro help page many times with no luck. I'd given up on it. However, the YouTube video did the trick for the Hero 4 Session, but not the Hero 2014.

I'm using the supplied GoPro cable with the Hero 2014 camera, which is charging it, but the laptop doesn't respond at all. I'll try more cables tomorrow.

GoPro

[ New ]

I was able to fix mine by just following that video @deanr2309

I have HERO5/6/7 and 8. 

Have you tried contacting GoPro customer support?

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

-Jay

Hiker

[ New ]

I've just tried my Hero 2014 on another laptop with the original GoPro cable, plus two other cables. It is not recognised as any kind of device, the camera just charges. I have also just gone through the camera update procedure and repeated, no luck.

I will maybe try support later. I have too many open cases with them at the moment!! Smiley Mad