Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

cant edit on desktop

[ New ]

customer Service Hello!
I paid for your software so I could edit the pictures on my computer
Unfortunately I do not have the ability to edit the computer, it keeps throwing me out of the account
I have no idea why this is happening
I would be happy to know - if I do not have an editing option I will cancel the appointment for my money
I'd be happy if you could look into it

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: cant edit on desktop

[ New ]
GoPro software is free. You pay for a camera, but anyone can download the software, camera or not.
Did you look at the system requirements? Does your computer meet those requirements?

What do you need Quik for desktop to do? Transferring media can be done with a USB/SD adapter and Windows Explorer.

For free video editing software:
DaVinci Resolve
VSDC video editor
VideoProc
HitFilm Express
Shotcut
Blender
And others are much better

For GPS performance stickers:
GoPro mobile app
RaceRender
Dashware

For updating:
GoPro Mobile App
Manually updating

For cloud uploading:
Auto upload with camera when charging/charged
GoPro mobile app (uploads videos/photos obtained through QuikStory).

You can contact the GoPro Support Team and they can help you determine if your computer can handle the Quik Desktop App, but there are many more other free options that are much better. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

[ New ]
GoPro software is free. You pay for a camera, but anyone can download the software, camera or not.
Did you look at the system requirements? Does your computer meet those requirements?

What do you need Quik for desktop to do? Transferring media can be done with a USB/SD adapter and Windows Explorer.

For free video editing software:
DaVinci Resolve
VSDC video editor
VideoProc
HitFilm Express
Shotcut
Blender
And others are much better

For GPS performance stickers:
GoPro mobile app
RaceRender
Dashware

For updating:
GoPro Mobile App
Manually updating

For cloud uploading:
Auto upload with camera when charging/charged
GoPro mobile app (uploads videos/photos obtained through QuikStory).

You can contact the GoPro Support Team and they can help you determine if your computer can handle the Quik Desktop App, but there are many more other free options that are much better. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Tourist

[ New ]

thanks

I checked the characteristics of my desktop computer and it is relatively new shell (half a year) with an advanced CORE I7 processor including graphical software for gamers
Too bad I do not succeed, however I will turn to the software you recommended
Thanks