Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Re: can't launch quik app on mac

Try the previous version of Quik v2.0.1.5076 - this works OK on my iMac

https://software.gopro.com/Mac/Quik-MacInstaller-2.0.1.5076.dmg

The other option is to just use an SD card reader and import the video into iMovie or GoPro Studio.  Even though the latest version of Quik won't run on my iMac, the install for v2.1 does actually install Studio.

Sightseer

Thanks a bunch ruyton!! The 2.0.1.5076 version works.

Tourist

The 2.0.1.5076 version works for me too!!

Sightseer

same problem.  Mac Pro 4,1 10.11.6 16gb ram.  very frustrating as i want the GPS info overlay.

Hiker

[ Edited ]

I'm suprised that GoPro haven't addressed this issue as it's affecting a number of people.  I can live without the GPS data overlay as it seems a bit random at times, not matchinh up with the video.

All GoPro support could suggest was setting up a new Admin account on the iMac and reinstalling the latest version of Quik.  That did work for me, but then I couldn't access any of my existing video as that was on my 'proper' account.

A bit unsatisfactory really!

Sightseer

Where did you get this version?

Highlighted
Hiker

Read back about 4 or 5 comments, I posted the link.  Failing that, Google is your friend - that's how I found it.

Sightseer

Thanks.  Works just great now.

GoPro customer support was blaming it on my computer and told me to contact Apple.

However, Apple doesn't support problem created by at third party.