Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: can't import files to quik from desktop

Hard to beleive that after all this time customers are having the same issues. I too have this same problem. I have a macbook air and the Quik for desktop app. I do not have enough hard drive space to handle the large 4k files from my GoPro 7 black. So I got an external hard drive and export the files from my SD to the external drive. Once they hit that drive they are no longer able to be used with the Quik app. So sad cuz i really wanted to be able to use the create section of the app. PLEASE GOPRO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ISSUE YOU CANNOT IGNORE YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!

GoPro Community Manager

Unless the files were corrupted somehow when you transferred them to your external hard drive, you should be able to import the files in to Quik for Desktop form your hard drive. Is there a specific error message you're getting?

Sightseer

Nope, they cannot be read on the external drive. I have to put them on my internal drive to be able to be read. At the size of those files I simply cannot store them on my internal drive.
Tourist

Come on jefft. Quit with the evasive answers and read this 2 year old !!! thread instead. *the* *software* *is* *seriously* *broken*.
Tourist

No error message, and I don't use an external drive, the files are just on the laptop. They are not corrupt because QuickTime and every other program plays them ok. The gopro quick app doesn't allow adding specific files, just folders. When the appropriate folder is added and searched it just says '0 files added'.
Tourist

Have you tried...

From settings -> MEDIA FOLDERS click the "SCAN" option for the folder you are trying to import the media from.

This resolved issue.

Tourist

No unfortunately this doesn't work. I have tried rescanning folders, i have tried moving them to different folders, i have tried renaming them, i have tried moving them on and off the gopro. I have tried everything I can think of and ALOT of people have this problem. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled quick program. It WILL NOT recognise the files.
GoPro

Hi @barbs87

Will you be able to take a screen shot of the contents of the folder you are trying to add to Quik's media folders.

Thanks!