Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
GoPro

Re: can't import files to quik from desktop

Hello @scottymc

When you mentioned that the m4v files were imported to Quik, did you mean the files can be accessed and played in Quik for desktop? Are these files sourced from a GoPro camera? Does moving all the files in one hard drive mean saving all files in one drive and accessing them via Quik? Please note that any videos/photos coming from 3rd party cameras will not be recognized in Quik for desktop. 

Thanks, 

Marius

Tourist

Hi Marius,

All the files are direct from GoPro cameras (Hero+ and Hero Session 5) and were imported to Quik on an Apple IMac computer. I have since changed computers and transferred the files off the iMac on a hard drive. I have tried to have them all centralized onto one hard drive however it will not recognize the m4r files. However it does recognize the m4r files if I leave it on the current hard drive - just means I have multiple files across multiple hard drives.
Tourist

Same problem here. I downloaded files from GoPro5 Black to desktop(Windows 10) and tried to open them trough Quik application...and only few files are visible. Others are not imported\visible, and there is no error thrown.

This is a basic funcionality, I realy don't understand how after all this time it still remains unresolved.

GoPro

Hi @loyaldusk62254

Have you tried checking/viewing the files by using an SD adapter through file explorer?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi @aragon1006,
No, I haven't, that is not the real fix. I don't want to browse the files from sd card. What if I want to combine multiple files that I previously recorded and then copied them to computer to free the space on sd card?

I want to be able to transfer files to computer and use them after, like a normal person. :)

GoPro

Hi @loyaldusk62254

I understand. This was just to isolate if you are able to view the files using a different method.

Regards,

Ej

Nomad

Problem should be fixed with macOS 10.14.1 upgrade.
Tourist

Jeff, so you're saying, Quik for Desktop can only handle MP4 files? I have the excat same problem as so many others have described with MOV files that cannot be imported. I tried converting to MP4 using a software and simply change the extension. Both methods won't let Quik for Desktop recognize the files. Can you be more specific on what excatly the format has to be? Even MP4 files come in differnt variations. Isn't there any clear way to explain how to import files from a Mac into Quik for Desktop? Hard to believe.