Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
GoPro

Re: can't import files to quik from desktop

Hi @redriver74218,

I just want to know if those files are from GoPro Camera and recorded in h.264 format? 

Thanks,

-Jay

Hiker

Any updates?? I have been using this app for a long time, no issues ever. Today I decided to use it again after a few months and I had the same issue as everyone else... should we give up????

GoPro

Hello @xerez

Do you happen to be using a MAC computer running on Mojave OS? 

If yes, our team is currently working on it and we are waiting to hear back for a fix. 

In the meantime, see if manually importing your GoPro files to the computer through an SD card adapter will work. 

We also would like to know if the Image Capture App detects your camera and allows you to view your files.

Let us know how it works out. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Hiker

Hello @mariustanya,

Thank you for your reply, I am using windows 10. It detected my camera and able to import the photos. I have not tried the SD option but if detected my camera I am sure the SD will be ok as well. To be more especific and may be I should have clarified, the photos I am trying to edit are in Google Photo and were downladed into my PC, these photos were taken with my gopro camera as well. 

Hiker

Same problem

Mojave and quik do not mix.

GoPro

Hi @robindeanm,

Our team is currently working on it.

We'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

-Jay 

Sightseer

I found the same problem.

I found the same problem.

Untitled.jpg

Tourist

I am having the same issue.  I am running Windows 10 and the lastest version of Quik.  I have GoPro m4v files on an external hard drive that were taken from an IMac and GoPro mp4 files on another external hard drive that were taken from a laptop.  When both are connected, all files (mp4 & m4v) can be imported to Quik with no issues at all. However when moving all the files into one hard drive, Quik will not recognise the m4v files.  I have converted the m4v files to mp4 however Quik will still not recognise the files.  Any ideas GoPro, seems like this is a long ongoing issue??