Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: can't import files to quik from desktop

I cannot manually import files to Quick becazuse of https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/hevc

>HEVC is supported on Windows 10 computers using the Intel Kaby Lake (or equivalent) processor and newer. 

However all videos are playing properly on my PC by other players, strange limitation.

GoPro Community Manager

@rockypike45003 - It's possible that the jpg files may be corrupted. Are they visible when you view them on the camera itself?

Sightseer

My videos are in mp4 format on Windows 10. When I open up the file in "File Explorer" it shows the video is there but when I do this in the desktop Quik app it does not show it. 

2018-07-05 (3).png
Sightseer

2018-07-05 (2).png
GoPro

Hi @supersurf2265

Looks like it's a 4k 60FPS or in HEVC format. 

GoPro Quik only supports h.264 files. 

Such as -

4k 30FPS

2.7 60 / 24 /30 FPS 

1080 24 /30 /50 / 60

Please let us know if you have other question. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

@graytree76514 wrote:

Hi @supersurf2265

Looks like it's a 4k 60FPS or in HEVC format. 

GoPro Quik only supports h.264 files. 

Such as -

4k 30FPS

2.7 60 / 24 /30 FPS 

1080 24 /30 /50 / 60

Please let us know if you have other question. 

Regards,

-Jay 

I have the same problem, GoPro Quik on the PC is rubbish! How come the Quik app on my iPhone works fine with videos and pictures, regardless of format and FPS etc Perhaps they have to pay royalties to use the correct Codecs to open different files formats ??

Perhaps they can explain WHY the software will not open the most popular formats ?

Rgds - Mike

Tourist

Wow, so this was really first reported 20 months ago and STILL not fixed or addressed in any form?  wow.. just wow. This influences my thoughts on gopro's overall quality siginificantly...

Tourist

If anyone still cares, I had the same problem with my Mac today. However, there is a stupid workaround. I have opened a .mov file with the GoPro studio and converted it without further editing back to .mov. Then I exported the file to the GoPro Quik media folder. Now the file is also recognized by Quik and automatically imported..

This actually works with .mp4 files.