Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: can't import files to quik from desktop

I am having a similar issue. I was able to import my videos straight from my GoPro, however I moved them into iMovie to edit with more control and I would now like to move these back into Quick, however these files don't show up, even though they are MP4 format. I tried the suggestion in the guide of saving them onto the GoPro and then importing again into Quik but the same thing happens. 

I do know there is a way to import them from iMovie back into Quick, as I know someone does it, but I cannot figure out how to do this. Can anyone assist me here? 

Thanks 

Tourist

There is no public facing solution. I am sure that GoPro is aware of this problem but they wont admint it. They will shift the blame North, South, East and West but not dare to think that their software might have an engineered glitch. Dont expect to get any help from their support.

Sightseer

My personal theory is any relevant support personnel were laid off. Stick a fork in ‘em. 

Sightseer

I started using Quik on my Android phone last year; got home excited to try it on a PC. I finally gave up .. forgot why, am just trying again on a Windows 10 machine. NOW i remember! Way to picky on what files are supported. The Android app is sooooo easy to use. The desktop is just a pain.

Sightseer

Just bought a GoPro Hero 6 Black. Quik worked like a charm on my Android phone.

I rushed and installed Quik on my Desktop. It simply does not detect any media in the camera, I tried also thru the SD card reader, moved files to folders, reinstalled USB drivers, all attempts just end up in the "No media to import" message. Or that "add GoPro media to begin".

My bet is that they want people to use the Mobile version of the software. 

Tourist

There is clearly a problem with the desktop app but GoPro is denying it and is doing nothing to fix it.

Tourist

Was really hard to believe how bad GoPro had fallen. I used to be a fan and I had few past models, but now nothing seems to work anymore, there is no customer support whatsoever and I only have problems. I have the same issue...I can't import any file in the Quick desktop app...one of the reason I've got a Hero 6 was to import telemetry data in the videos from the GPS...man I was wrong...the camera doesn't even charge... I had no idea there is no more GoPro Studio and Quick doesn't work. WTF GoPro? 

Tourist

Hey so I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring here. Just got this GoPro 6 Black for my birthday and took it on a family trip. No matter what I do the software will not import specific .jpg files from my hard drive I copied straight off of the microSD. For such a great camera, I'm surprised I'm having issues such as this early on and finding many people with this same problem unanswered. Please let me know if anyone has found anything helpful. To reiterate, I'm on Windows desktop and copied the original microSD files to my hard drive using an adapter, pointed the program to the folder. It picks up much of what is in there but refuses to get about 1/4 of everything. Simple .jpg files too.