Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: can't import files to quik from desktop

Jefft, No the software is BROKEN. PC version needs to be fixed. Telling your customers to go use other software as an excuse not to fix the problem is also telling them to go and buy another competitors product. The desktop version does not import mp4 files. Look at my initial post. The attached image shows a path to my gopro mp4 video files which were copied from SD card to HDD but software shows error that no mp4 files exist in that directory.

Tourist

I believe that GoPro added some security features into Quik software that prevents videos from being added manually. Obviously they may not disclose this publicly. I think that they are forcing us to import the media directly from camera into quick software, which is a pain in the @ss.  I need some flexibility to backup my videos and import them as needed. GoPro, please remove these pointless security features and let your customers decide for themselves how they wish to import their mp4 video files.

Sightseer

I am having this same problem with a timelasp, which is JPEG. So has nothing to do with apple converting files over etc. 

Sightseer

@jefft when will this be fixed? 

GoPro Community Manager

@redoasis1037 - If you're having trouble importing content shot on a GoPro and you've confirmed that the files are not corrupted and are not in a different folder than the media folders selected in Quik, please reach out to our Support team directly. They can do some additional troubleshooting to find out where the issues are with your system.

Thanks,
Jeff

Tourist

I wish it was that simple. When calling GoPro customer support, you hear crickets. I spent hours on hold because your support cannot think its way out of a box. Every simple question I asked, I was put on hold for a long time while someone read the manual. I can do that all by myself and much faster but it does not solve the problem with your software. After wasting 2 hours with support, I was told that a complaint will be filed for my case because there was no resolution. Its been months now without a resolution and I will advise everyone who has this issue to move on because GoPro will NOT help you. Spend some more money and buy something that will actually work.

Sightseer

Unfortunately had the same experience. Seemed like the support person I was talking to knew less than I did about file formatting. Quik works fine for me when I upload the videos straight from my GoPro which is somewhat inconvenient. Might just end up buying another memory card instead of offloading videos onto my computer to free up space..
Sightseer

OK, I can't import bona fide mp4 files using Quik (latest version of OS X (10.13.2) and Quik) desktop on Mac either.  Can't believe this hasn't been resolved in a year. What the heck? Hello?