Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: can't import files to quik from desktop

Yep will do as soon as I get home. It's just got gopro clips of me surfing. All MP4 original gopro captures cut down to 10-30 seconds using the quick app. Will send picture ASAP.

Interesting it started doing this last year with a random selection of my videos. Then progressed to being every new video since 6 months ago. Old videos taken on the same gopro are happily recognised by quik.
Sightseer

I just read this whole thread and it's pretty unbelievable.  I get that GOPro isn'ta software company but to have an offering in the marketplace as long as they have - with such a major issue, and no solution or real engagement from the company -  is quite astonishing.  I just bought the 7 Black, and started trying to edit my frist batch of video, etc.  Due to memory issues, all my files were initially copied to Dropbox...nope.  Can't do anything with them now.  Moved them to my desktop to try and play 'their' game...nope.  The formats must have been altered in the transitions, so now my 'original' files aren't even viewable or editable.  I'm thinking about returning my camera, all the accessories, etc. and going another direction.  I heard their software was 'finickey' but this is beyond pathetic.  They're basically forcing you to buy computers with massive hard drives, I guess.  SO 1990's of them.  I'd suggest everyone start hammering them in all the online reviews they can...and commenting on any product reviews from blogs, publicaitons, etc. so the media might pick up on customers' inability to even edit their own videos with their DA software.  Maybe that will get their attention.   Eh, probably not.  Anyone have another suggestion for a good camera set up that I can buy after I return mine?  I'm operating in water most of the time...

Hiker

As you said gopro are not a software company.

If you want to edit video properly then use final cut pro, imove, or lightroom etc.

Tourist

Nonsense, gopro should stay out of the kitchen if they can't stand the heat. If you are not a software company then don't release any.
Hiker

Ahh so you want free software that costs more than the cameras to use.

Tourist

Sure.
Tourist

I have the same problem. Not all of my media shows up in my Quik library. All of my media is on my Windows 10 PC. I removed and re-installed Quik with no change.

Tourist

I just figured out the problem. I purchased the HEVC codec extension from the Microsoft store and now I can see the videos from my Hero 7 Black. To get the other, older, videos into Quik, I removed and re-installed, then ran with administrator priveleges and re-scanned for media.