Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
GoPro

Re: can't import files to quik from desktop

[ New ]

Hello @gregoryy24087. Are those media original, unedited GoPro photos and videos? Could those files that do not show up be using HEVC or captured with a certain resolution setting? There are system requirements for viewing such files which you can read about here. Try going through the steps of adding media folders in Quik following the steps detailed in this article. Feel free to post back for additional information, questions or concerns so we can assist further. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @mariustanya, thank you for your reply. Please see the second comment after my initial comment. I fixed my issue by purchasing and installing the HEVC codec for Windows 10. GoPro should add that to the system requirements. Thank you.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for pointing it out, @gregoryy24087. We will pass your suggestion along to the team. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I bought the Gopro Hero 1, Hero4 silver and Hero Black 7. I always loved the brand.

With the Gopro studio i had a nice entry into editing.

Sure there was better software, but mostly more complex. I just want to do my sport and videos.

Sure you are no software developer.......

..But why are you treating your costumer like carbage. Since 2 years your software (for many people) is not capable of the most basic things.

Only exception: offering paid services for cloud storage runs smothly :) 

My error

No error message, and I don't use an external drive, the files are just on the my computer desktop. They are not corrupt because VLC and every other program plays them witch no Problem (MP4). The gopro quick app doesn't allow adding specific files, just folders. When the appropriate folder is added and searched it just says '0 files added'.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @greenvista23316

What OS are you using?

If using a Mac, this should've been resolved by the latest OS version, Mojave 10.14.2

For reference, you may also check this article How to Add Media Folders in Quik for desktop

GoPro cameras create MP4 files, a format that is supported by many video editing programs. For other editing options on your home computer, we have had several customers give good reviews of Pinnacle Studio HD, Davinci Resolve,  Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premier Elements, and Apple's iMovie and Final Cut X. 

For more advance video editing applications, please refer to DaVinci Resolve (Free Version) or Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Paid).

VLC Media Player is also a free downloadable video media player that supports MP4 H.264 files.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

No it is windows 10.  (geforce 1070, i7 2700k)

Only with the direkt export from SD-Card i was able to get the videos into quik. (Why can´t you fix this?)

But the program cant play them fluently. (With VLC no Problem!)

Didn´t try the editing.

But the most annoying ist the fact that on my s7 it plays everything smoothly......