Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

You are losing business by not having quality editing software Quik. I am going with a different cam

[ New ]

I dont understand a company that doesn't listen to their customer base. i just bought and tried to edit with the Quik software only option!

i have a new camera an di will sell and go with a different brand i did have a Hero 3 tha editing software was great. Large Company doesnt care.

wish ya'll well

Ron

Tourist

Re: You are losing business by not having quality editing software Quik. I am going with a different

[ New ]

Have to agree with my man here! The previous software That included Flux was amazing , and although the same can be achieved with De Vinci resolve . The version (think it was quick ?) was the "got to" app ! When there was an upgrade to 10 bit OS (I think 10 bit , probably wrong ) it was removed . I'm sure many would pay extra fir this software , yes you can actually make money without selling a camera guys ! 
So go get it ! 

Sightseer

Re: You are losing business by not having quality editing software Quik. I am going with a different

[ New ]

100% Agree with your customers on this one.  I prefer to do my editing on my laptop and you just seemed to be ignoring PC users.  I have two Black 9's, I purchase the subscription, have had countless other Gorpo Hero cams and this is the first time I find something to be very dissapointed with your product on your direction away from PC applications for editing.  Big bummer in my opinion.  I hate doing the editing on my phone, the Quick app doesn't always pick what you would like to add to your video, and your best answer is for your devoted users to go find another video editing software provider?  Not good GoPro, not good at all.  

Tourist

[ New ]

Agreed as well

I recently purchased Go Pro 8 and Max and I am utterly disappointed with ALL the apps GoPro offers. Sluggish, slow to upload to the cloud, not user friendly. Even the "Quik" for Android is terrible, confusing and not intuitive. 

I feel GoPro is a huge scam. I am very disappointed and I am not sure if I would recommend these cameras to anyone. 

Tourist

[ New ]
I agree with all of the above. It is a truly abysmal decline from the awesome editing software (called GoPro Studio I think...?) that came packaged with my Hero 4 Silver back in 2014 to this sad, sorry excuse for an app called Quik that can't even import 360 footage from my brand new Max camera.

The only possibly reason I can see for this is maybe GoPro management doesn't want to be in the software development business anymore? That's fine, but you need to do 1 of 3 options: 1) Outsource GoPro-branded editing software to a capable 3rd party, 2) Release the source code to all existing software and make the license open source so the community can maintain it for you, or 3) slap a big, nasty disclaimer sticker across every product currently on the shelf that this uses proprietary codecs (especially 360) and GoPro offers NO SUPPORT for editing this media (also refund current customer's money back 3 or more generations and/or offer free gift cards to purchase functional editing software from a 3rd party). Obviously the last option is the most disgusting and would be a signal to me that this will be that last GoPro product I will ever purchase in good conscience.

I really hope this gets resolved quickly because your shareholders should be terrified for your future!