Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

You Tube won't load my video because the music is copyrighted ? Is this true?

How come I can't get my video uploaded to Facebook? What's the trick? Also, I tried to upload the video to Youtube, I used the music in the app and Youtube wouldn't load the video due to copyright infringments, is the music on the app available for use? Are there any restrictions to using the music?

GoPro

Re: You Tube won't load my video because the music is copyrighted ? Is this true?

Hello @ bluewave1338

All of our music and effects have copyrights, but we have licensed them for our customer's use. You can use the songs and effects in your videos as long as it is not for commercial use.
If YouTube, Facebook or Instagram state that the songs have a copyright, choose to dispute. Sometimes other companies claim to own the copyrights to the same or very similar music.

Thanks!
Ej

Explorer

Re: You Tube won't load my video because the music is copyrighted ? Is this true?

Youtube will allow you to upload the videos. They just wont allow you to make money off of another artist work. You will get a notice that any revenue generated from the video will be sent to the owner of the music, but it wont count against you as a strike and it wont stop your video from being played.

As far as uploading to Facebook, the easiest way is to just log onto facebook using your web browser and selecting the upload photo/video option. navigate to where your video is located and select it.