Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

With the death of GoPro Studio how do I stitch together a time lapse?

I have for some time been using my go pro to film time lapse videos. This generates thousands of image files which I then imported to GoPro studio. This worked brilliantly and was very simple to achieve.

However I now have a new laptop and as GoPro studio has been discontinued I am unable to unable to install it. :-(

I have tried all day to stitch together a simple timelapse without joy. Quik for desktop is an abomination and unfit for purpose 3 hours it took me before I realised what i want to achieve is impossible with this software.

What are my options? Is my request for the ability for the timelapse recorded on my GoPro to be stitched together in a linear fashion without horrific backing track unreasonable?

GoPro studio worked, it worked well and was a very simple.

Thanks

Lee

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: With the death of GoPro Studio how do I stitch together a time lapse?

@lemurgoth wrote:

I have for some time been using my go pro to film time lapse videos. This generates thousands of image files which I then imported to GoPro studio. This worked brilliantly and was very simple to achieve.

However I now have a new laptop and as GoPro studio has been discontinued I am unable to unable to install it. :-(

I have tried all day to stitch together a simple timelapse without joy. Quik for desktop is an abomination and unfit for purpose 3 hours it took me before I realised what i want to achieve is impossible with this software.

What are my options? Is my request for the ability for the timelapse recorded on my GoPro to be stitched together in a linear fashion without horrific backing track unreasonable?

GoPro studio worked, it worked well and was a very simple.

Thanks

Lee

VSDC is a free, full-featured software. Give it a whirl.

Sightseer

Re: With the death of GoPro Studio how do I stitch together a time lapse?

Thank you for your reply. I did ttry this software however it was very unintuitive. I intend to give it another go once I have sufficient spare time as I have now found they have a yourtube channel with tutorials. However for the interim I have managed to find the installation file for GoPro studio and am up an running again.

Thanks

Lee