Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Windows Editing Software for GoPro MAX Release Date?

Welcome to the Windows GoPro black hole. We have all been waiting for "easy" usable software since the max came out. Some folks seem to have luck with Exporter, some like me don't. The camera is great when the video is edited on a phone otherwise it's an expensive paperweight. All we get are excuses from GoPro.

Highlighted
Hiker

@darkstonecastle wrote:

Ok, I just ordered a Go Pro 360 Max. Ready for the Windows software.

You just ordered a Max knowing the software isn't available? I will not buy another 360 camera from GoPro until the software from the first one works. Check this forum and many others..... Every avenue of this ecosystem from desktop to mobile, pc to mac, IOS to Android has an issue that causes all of us to find a workaround. I'm not asking for anything like Adobe Premiere level of solution. Just want something that will take the 360 video files and make something we can use. I don't need Facebook or instagram intergration or anything that will sift through my files and decide what I want to see. Save that for the toy cameras. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Yep, I did. However, I saw a video on youtube today of a dude (from Australia) beta testing the next firmware for the MAX which is spose to do 3K 50 fps and slow motion (I imagine it will 60 fps for the US) and it looks good. The video was posted 3 weeks ago. I think the Cornavirus thing slowed everything down but, I expect to see this 60 fps update and windows editing in the next few weeks or lets say by the end of JUNE at the very latest. BUT, even if the updates never come for whatever reason, I can still resort to just using the smart phone app for reframing and think I will still enjoy using the camera. That other popular camera on the market, the insta 360x and R, I just don't like the look of the footage. The MAX footage doesn't blow me away but it's decent and I figure I'll go ahead and take the plunge into the 360 world so I can get acquainted with it and upgrade over time.

Highlighted
Hiker

I think most would agree the hardware is hard to beat at the price range. The problem I have with the mobile app is importing footage from the camera. Transfering files more than a few seconds long is painful and both your mobile device and camera will need external power. Don't even think about trying to pull the card out and use a reader. Transfering the files with a reader is very quick on all my devices but the GoPro app will not touch them. Like I said, every avenue has issues and I won't spend any more money on another 360 device that cripples your workflow like this. I takes all the fun out of using the camera.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I bought my camera a week ago, it's a shame that they don't even have the decency to say that if you don't have MAC you can't do anything with this camera ...
Angry is little for what I am! 
Sorry to buy it, I hope this problem will come soon and the most uncomfortable thing is that you never have answers from the Gopro Group

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @grumbaut

You can use the GoPro App for editing 360 videos. See 360 Media Support in the GoPro App 

We are currently working on a Windows version of the GoPro Player which should be available soon. 

If you haven't yet, sign up to be part of the Beta testing group so you can have access to the latest build/version of the Player.

To start, please fill out the form at https://forms.gle/fJgfm982PUPbn23D7 . 

Please note that there will be no automatic response. The form just puts you on the list of those who will receive the email when the update is sent out.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I agree with the intial post, GoPro get your head out of your ass, and start developing the editing tools for windows also STOP taking the easy route and make it for Mac users only, and forcing the people who don't want to buy another laptop or PC dedicated for just a **bleep** GoPro, also not everyone wants to use the app becuas eits a pain in the ass to use and there is never enough memory space to do the editing.

For me I would do my X amount of days of recording enjoy the days I'm doing them, in the evening copy the SD card onto an external HDD and sleep. Then when I finished the X amount of days and when I have some free time I would hook the external HDD to a PC and start watching the 360 video and then start editing them, on the "Still Waiting" Windows GoPro Editor, Make non-360 and monoscopic 360 which I can then transfer to any video editor I like to try it on (Free or Paid)  or straight to youtube

After that then I would then go on any video editor software e.g Vegas Movie Editor, make the video and upload to youtube to share with friends.

This is how I want the work flow to be!

GoPro, realise how, many people use the software or for god sake hire someone to read this forum and implement the interface everyone or majorty of people would be happy with.

Highlighted
Tourist

The form that you linked now indicates that you're no longer taking beta signups, and that your customers should refer to a Facebook group to get the Windows beta player.  That's of no help to GoPro customers like me that loathe Facebook and refuse to use Facebook.  What are the non-Facebook options for your Windows customers?  I don't feel that I should have to open an unwanted Facebook account in order to enjoy the GoPro product that I purchased.