Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Windows Editing Software for GoPro MAX Release Date?

Anyone with even a modicum of expectation for a $700(CAD) device from a large tech company would be disappointed. 

There was a post in a Facebook group (link below) about signing up for the beta. Why they chose this particular group, and why they used Facebook and not this forum is a mystery to me, but it does show just how poorly organized they are on the software side.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/goprofusion360/ 

Highlighted
Tourist

The most aggravating is the total lack of accountability. They have provided absolutely nothing to show that something is actually close to being released! And it has been many months now! Unacceptable..
Highlighted
Nomad

If you registered as a beta tester, Beta 2 - the exporter version - has been released....export to equirectangular at 5.6k, 4k, etc. and choose codecs like HEVC, Cineform, and H.264

Also, I belive a firmware update is coming around mid-month....

https://www.engadget.com/gopro-max-360-timelapse-60-fps-130231539.html

https://360rumors.com/gopro-max-update-adds-3k-60fps-mode-360-time-lapse-upgrade-firmware-manually/

Highlighted
Tourist

I really got into it with someone on another thread about this issue a while back.  I have spent the last month working with the phone app and will say, for SMALL clips it works great.  The OVERCAPTURE feature is the fastest, easiest way to reframe (easier than the MAC desktop method probably), but it takes SO LONG TO RENDER.  And then you have to save to your phone (and it won't let you save to the card even - YOU MUST SAVE TO THE INTERNAL MEMORY OF YOUR PHONE).  This is a big fail.  Why not let us save to the card?  I've got gigs on the card but I'm running out of space on my internal storage!!!!!  Another huge fail - The stitch line is WAY more obvious than the insta 360.  I did an hour of aerobatics in my plane and the footage was useless because the weird artifact at the bottom of the field of view.  I'm sorry, but this wasn't ready for release yet.  Rushed to market.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

I feel your pain, this is the case with the Insta360 One X phone app as well not being able to save off to External SD card. You also need additional approved phone hardware to be on their list for editing, so about another $1000 or more for additional hardware cost. Assumptions by manufactures and pushing additional burden on consumer is unacceptable and also NOT releasing video editing software. This would be fine if we were not beta testing their hardware and software. I really like shooting in 360 then reframe what I want as non-360 footage. My mistake was to follow some of the YouTube influence's "fanboys" with the assumption I could reproduce a quality product out of the box. This wouldn't be so bad if manufacture and "fanboys" were upfront about the true cost of editing 360 footage. It's still pretty amazing technology and hopeful as it becomes more mature the workflow will improve and cost will come down. Fingers crossed.   

Highlighted
Tourist

Yea, got me from Best Buy. Not happy - They should pull it from their shelves or add a warning lable.

Required Macbook Pro or it's will become an expensive paperweight!

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello aenriguez,

Please provide a content-rich update on this position. By now you and GoPro will have realised that an answer akin to "sorry, we dont really know, but it is likely that we cannot complete 360 audio and better windows 10 support until October this year" is better than "we value your custom, thank you for your patience."

Truth is always leading to better continued custom than marketing nonsense. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Ok, I just ordered a Go Pro 360 Max. Ready for the Windows software.