Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Windows 10 Quik Crashing/Does not Open

[ New ]

Hello,

I am having difficulty opening the GoPro Quik Windows Application. I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it from the GoPro website, and the app will either show a blank black window and then suddenly close by itself. I am unable to import my videos, because the GoPro Quik Windows Application keeps crashing. 

I've tried restarting my desktop many times, and yet it did not solve the problem. Please help.

Thanks,

Ceev

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Windows 10 Quik Crashing/Does not Open

[ New ]

Hello @willl4013

If you are still  experiencing issues with Quik for desktop even after following recommended troubleshooting steps, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . As the issues maybe associated with particular settings on your computer, our team will be able to walk you through further troubleshooting options. 

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @nceb

May I know the specs of your computer? 

The processor and the graphics card. 

If it's a laptop or full set desktop what is the brand and model? 

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]
Hello Jay,

I have a custom built desktop with these specs:

Processor: Intel i5-2310
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GRX 750 Ti

Please advise if you need more information. Thank you.

Thanks,

Ceev
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks @nceb

Got it. 

Can you try to run the software in compatibility mode or with Graphics Processor? 

You can right click on it and choose that option. 

On compatibility mode you can choose from Windows 8 or 8.1 or 7.  if that won't work try run with GPU and let us know. 

Thanks,

-Jay 

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi, I've been having the same issue lately bundled with errors importing the files. I've also reinstalled and set the program to run in comparability mode per the GoPro support article, nothing works. Sometime sit'll work (like yesterday) and the rest of the time it either opens and immediately crashes or it just doesn't open at all.
Tourist

[ New ]
Same here, I have it set to compatibility mode and sometime it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. For the past three days, the Quik Program has been working correctly. I’ll update again if there’s issues starting it up again.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for your initiative at sharing your results, @nceb. We will watch out for more updates from you then. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @willl4013

If you are still  experiencing issues with Quik for desktop even after following recommended troubleshooting steps, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . As the issues maybe associated with particular settings on your computer, our team will be able to walk you through further troubleshooting options. 

Best regards, 
Marius