Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Window Quik application hangs while editing

Quik app for window gets into 'Not responding' mode while starting editing any footage from my GPPRO Hero 7 black. It is really useless tool for editing. Gopro team must come up with the solution asap. It been many month but yet to get a software ready. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Window Quik application hangs while editing

Hello, @sadakchaapfotugrapher. This mostly occurs in computers running multiple graphics cards, and Quik for desktop is prioritizing the high-performance NVIDIA or AMD card. These troubleshooting steps will help resolve the issue.  

Highlighted
Hiker

I am having the same problem and this has been going on since I tried using Quick starting July 2019. I followed the recommended solution above of setting the graphics to "Integrated Graphics" which is default anyway. I went ahead and changed to NVIDIA and back to "Integrated Graphics". The problem of Quick hanging still persists.

I agree with  sadakchaapfotugraphe that this problem needs to get fixed. This is ridiculous.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @larryh8302

See if switching to Power Saving mode helps.

See https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Quik-just-keeps-crashing-Windows-10/m-p/568855... for reference.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej