Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
GoPro

Re: Win10 Quik Always ask for login when Choose another editor

Hello @lllyk2look

With the latest version, you will be given an option to access "Restart with Default Settings" under the Help tab. Please follow the instructions below:

1 Open Quik for desktop
2 While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
3 Select “Restart with default settings”
4 A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
5 Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
6 Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully. 

Let us know if resetting the Quik for desktop app will clear the issue. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

Hello @mariustanya

Thanks for the quick response.

I've just updated version to 2.6.2.841 and followed steps you mentioned above.

Unfortunatly nothing changed in my case. The issue is still in place and it makes application absolutely unusable.

I can login, but if I try to add media or click settings cogwheel in the top right corner I see loging form and everything starts from the beggining.

I'll try to record video tomorrow.

If you need any additional details, please let me know.

Thanks

GoPro

Appreciate you providing an update, @lllyk2look . Will look forward to the video tomorrow then. Thank you again!

Tourist

Hello

Sorry for the late responce. I got the video finally.

Please have a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD50_sFM8jI

Thanks,

Yevhen

GoPro

Hi @lllyk2look

Thank you for your efforts in sharing this. I have sent this to the team in charge and we will post an update on this thread as soon as we get one.

While waiting though, would you mind un-instaling the application completely? Once done, reinstall the app and see if it makes a difference.

Regards,

Ej

GoPro

Thank yyou for posting back, @lllyk2look. I was able to watch the video clips that you sent. Would you have one where you check into the “Restart with default settings” under the Help tab? Like the steps decsribed below: 

1 Open Quik for desktop
2 While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
3 Select “Restart with default settings”
4 A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
5 Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
6 Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

This would help us see how the new set of troubleshooting steps do with the same issue. 

I recall one of the members sharing this workaround - the language of the computer was first changed to English, then log in to Quik. After successful log-in, the computer language was then changed back and logging to Quik will push through. This is a workaround that you may try, if prefered. 

I will watch out for your reply. I greatly appreciate you working with us on this. 

Best regards,

Marius

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hey @lllyk2look and support guys.

I think I concured this issue at least for myself. Let me know if the following tip works for you too.

After watching @lllyk2look's videos which were in Russian UI I realized that the issue may be related to localizations of the Quik app for Desktop. So here's what I did:

1. Changed Windows 10 display language to English (United Stated) - sadly this didn't help.

2. Went to https://gopro.com/account where I had Language as Ukraine, English changed that to United States, English.

And it works now!

I suspect that point 2 is the real solution.

Unfortunately international companies tend to not test localizations they provide properly. So root cause seems legit here.

Again, let me know if it works for you, I'm curious.

Tourist

For point 2, I had changed my lamguage setting from Hong Kong , English to United States, English but doesn't work.