Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Re: Win10 Quik Always ask for login when Choose another editor

[ New ]

Ребят, не знаю как, но на 2.6 версии у меня заработало. Файлы импортятся, не просит логина и можно включать gps gauges.

На англ. windows я перевел давно, но это не помогло.

Что я сделал, перед установкой 2.6:

Удалил Quick

Удалил папки "GoPro" в след. папках

C:\Users\MyUsername\AppData\Local

C:\Users\MyUsername\AppData\LocalLow

C:\Users\MyUsername\AppData\Roaming

Надеюсь кому-то поможет, до этого импортил на мак, он у меня на англ изначально) Но на нем рендерить хотя бы gauges это ад, мне его было жалко.

Еще проблема была в том, что я копировал заимпорченные файлы с мака на windows и хотел отображать gauges в dashwere. Но после копирования gps данные как-будто пропадали, подозреваю, что после импорта они хранятся в quick или еще какая-нибудь гениальная придумка инженеров gopro)

Anonymous

[ New ]

Ни хрена не работает.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @Anonymous, 

It would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance on this matter. You can connect with them here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the same problems !!
app always return to login page.....
even open file to view the video in quik

Anonymous

[ New ]

If everyone got the same issue, you should release a solution on your page/reply rather than ask "us" to find the support.

What a "great" customer services.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @Anonymous and @boldcave82873

We appreciate your feedback. We have already reported the matter to the team in charge. We will keep you posted here for updates once they become available. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Anonymous

[ New ]

Ваша ответсвенная команда поддержки непонятно чем занимается. Версия 2.6.1.780 все так же не работает. Более ужасной службы поддержки трудно найти.

Черт меня попутал  связаться с GoPro.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Your team in charge God knows what doing. Version 2.6.1.780 still is not working. More terrible customer service is hard to find.

The devil beguiled me to deal with GoPro.

Anonymous

[ New ]

After 2-3 months, the final answer from support as following. I am so disappoint to that.

Spoiler
Hi William,

We really appreciate your patience while our team has been looking into the issues you have been facing with Quik Desktop.

Unfortunately they do not have a confirmed resolution to the problem you are facing. The suggestion is to update to the latest version v2.6.1 that has been released since we were last in communication.

If this still doesn't help, it might be best to use alternative editing software.
We would recommend use DaVinci Resolve (Free). With this you can utilize a much more advance editing application that will take full advantage of your GoPro footage.

Please let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,
GoPro Support
www.gopro.com/support
ref:_00Do0HJuF._5001JXoEwy:ref

Anonymous

[ New ]

they are lying

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same problems !!!!!
app always return to login page

HORRIBLE APP

Anonymous

[ New ]

Have the same error

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have the same issue 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @Anonymous, 

Is this the case even with the recently released version (2.6.2)? Will you be able to send us a video showing the issue? Hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @lllyk2look

With the latest version, you will be given an option to access "Restart with Default Settings" under the Help tab. Please follow the instructions below:

1 Open Quik for desktop
2 While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
3 Select “Restart with default settings”
4 A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
5 Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
6 Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully. 

Let us know if resetting the Quik for desktop app will clear the issue. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hello @mariustanya

Thanks for the quick response.

I've just updated version to 2.6.2.841 and followed steps you mentioned above.

Unfortunatly nothing changed in my case. The issue is still in place and it makes application absolutely unusable.

I can login, but if I try to add media or click settings cogwheel in the top right corner I see loging form and everything starts from the beggining.

I'll try to record video tomorrow.

If you need any additional details, please let me know.

Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

Appreciate you providing an update, @Anonymous . Will look forward to the video tomorrow then. Thank you again!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hello

Sorry for the late responce. I got the video finally.

Please have a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD50_sFM8jI

Thanks,

Yevhen

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous

Thank you for your efforts in sharing this. I have sent this to the team in charge and we will post an update on this thread as soon as we get one.

While waiting though, would you mind un-instaling the application completely? Once done, reinstall the app and see if it makes a difference.

Regards,

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank yyou for posting back, @Anonymous. I was able to watch the video clips that you sent. Would you have one where you check into the “Restart with default settings” under the Help tab? Like the steps decsribed below: 

1 Open Quik for desktop
2 While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
5 Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
6 Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

This would help us see how the new set of troubleshooting steps do with the same issue. 

I recall one of the members sharing this workaround - the language of the computer was first changed to English, then log in to Quik. After successful log-in, the computer language was then changed back and logging to Quik will push through. This is a workaround that you may try, if prefered. 

I will watch out for your reply. I greatly appreciate you working with us on this. 

Best regards,

Marius

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hey @Anonymous and support guys.

I think I concured this issue at least for myself. Let me know if the following tip works for you too.

After watching @Anonymous's videos which were in Russian UI I realized that the issue may be related to localizations of the Quik app for Desktop. So here's what I did:

1. Changed Windows 10 display language to English (United Stated) - sadly this didn't help.

2. Went to https://gopro.com/account where I had Language as Ukraine, English changed that to United States, English.

And it works now!

I suspect that point 2 is the real solution.

Unfortunately international companies tend to not test localizations they provide properly. So root cause seems legit here.

Again, let me know if it works for you, I'm curious.

Anonymous

[ New ]

For point 2, I had changed my lamguage setting from Hong Kong , English to United States, English but doesn't work.

Tourist

[ New ]
Unfortunately, it doesn't help.
Tourist

[ New ]

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @qika

Which operating system do you have on your computer? Are you using a non-English language on your computer? To verify, were you able to try both proposed solutions (restarting with default settings with new version of Quik, and changing language settings)?

Thanks, 

Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Unfortunately, I can't change the language, because it's Win 10 single language pack. So, I can use only Russian language on my PC. I was wondering, how many time it takes to fix it? We have already been waiting for ages! In vain, sadly.

GoPro

[ New ]

Apologies for the inconvenience, @qika. There are some members/users who have been able to resolve the issue following the suggested “Restart with default settings” solution coupled with an uninstall and re-install process. If you contact our Support team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs , they will be able to help you with troubleshooting steps considering particular settings on your computer. You can reach them via phone or chat. Thanks!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hello @mariustanya @aragon1006

Unfortunatly reset with default settings, full reinstall and gopro account language change didn't help.

I have single language windows 10 version, so can't change language to try another workaroung described here.

Hope you'll find the fix for this issue soon. Please let me know if I help somehow.

Thanks,

Yevhen

GoPro

[ New ]

Appreciate you posting back, @Anonymous . We are forwarding these results to the team. Please watch out for updates. Thanks!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Unfortunatly, I have already found GoPro Support team to resolve this problem from March 2018.

During the investigation and troubleshoot in three months, I have replaced a new computer with new Windows 10 Pro, but this issue also appear in my new desktop. And also coordinate to provide the log files of this issue.

But after the investigation and troubleshoot, GoPro Support team provide the following reply on June 2018.

I'm very disappointed to get this response. And I also disppointed to see that GoPro team reply in this forum "There are some members/users who have been able to resolve the issue following the suggested “Restart with default settings” solution coupled with an uninstall and re-install process.".

I want to point out that from this post in forum, we found that most of people appear this issue, most of them still cannot to use the offical Quik app with their GoPro Camera, but I believe that when I bought the HERO6, the price of the package must be included with the relevant applications, and this also is the selling point to attract customer to choose GoPro Camera.

Okay, I tried to follow GoPro Support team's suggestion to use alternative editing software even though I do not want to use alternative editing software. But now I found other GPS issue on my HERO6 and I still solving this with GoPro Support Team. I already bought the HERO6 four months, it never satisfy my expectation.

Hi William,

We really appreciate your patience while our team has been looking into the issues you have been facing with Quik Desktop.

Unfortunately they do not have a confirmed resolution to the problem you are facing. The suggestion is to update to the latest version v2.6.1 that has been released since we were last in communication.

If this still doesn't help, it might be best to use alternative editing software.
We would recommend use DaVinci Resolve (Free). With this you can utilize a much more advance editing application that will take full advantage of your GoPro footage.

Please let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,
GoPro Support
www.gopro.com/support
ref:_00Do0HJuF._5001JXoEwy:ref

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @Anonymous, 

Appreciate your feedback. Is this the same issue even with the latest Quik App version (2.6.2) I am asking only because I see that the version information provided on the Support email is an older version. If you have not tried it yet, see if the latest version still pose the same issue. You can perform the steps below once the Quik app is updated: 

1 Open Quik for desktop

Let us know how it works out. 

Many thanks, 

Marius

Anonymous

[ New ]

The new version 2.6.2 sucks as usual, restart to default useless as well!! 

Still keep asking user login again and again once click to create or view or else!

It's unbeliveable for there is no any proper solution of software from Gopro support team for such long period!

Sony will be my next sport camera, bye bye Gopro forever

GoPro

[ New ]

I am sorry for any troubles caused @Anonymous. Though some customers already reported that the issue has been cleared by the recent update, there are still some cases unresolved.

This has been raised to the team in charge and we are working on getting this addressed. We will post back on this thread once we get an update.

Best Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I am using quik 2.6.2.481... oh actually, I never use it becuase it is totally unusable.

the update did not fix the problem here.

please, do something useful.

Tourist

[ New ]

If I just install the V2.6.2. The issue cannot be solved by any measure.

The workaround is to install an older version, say V2.0.0, and then install V2.6.2 directly. (Do not uninstall V2.0.0)

So this may be an issue due to installation package incomplement.

Anonymous

[ New ]

please fix this issue, people can use your software at all, its critical bug.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Привет, ребята. 

Хочу поделится своим опытом - была та же проблема, всё никак не мог нормально пользоваться приложиением quik, постоянно выкидывало из аккаунта на страницу логина. Потом после многих безуспешных попыток нашёл этот топик, и в частности - совет по поводу смены локализации с русской на английскую. Удалил приложение (самая последняя версия 2.6.2.841), сменил локализацию на английскую, перезагрузил, установил приложение заново, сделал ресет на дефолтные настройки, и всё заработало. Наконец-то обновил свою Karma Grip и синхронизировал её с камерой, чтоб можно было управлять записью, хайлайтами и т.д. с ручки. Кстати, ещё в настройках аккаунта сменил страну с Россия на США (не знаю, возможно это тоже сыграло свою роль). Всем удачи!

P.S. Разработчики этого приложения и саппорт гоупро - полный шлак ;( Был очень разочарован... 

Hi guys!

Everyone, who has problems with continious log outs from Quik App - try to make the following steps:

1. Delete Quik App from your PC

2. Change localization of windows from your native language to USA localization.

3. In your GoPro account change country from your country to USA, language - English.

4. Restart the PC

5. Install the Quik App again

6. In options make reset to the default options. 

7. Enjoy. 

P.S. Support of GoPro disapointed me really a lot. I got a sollution from another user, simply by chanse. You should improve, guys, it's not a new problem for all Russian, Belarus, Ukrainian etc. users. I hope one day your support will work properly. Best wishes!

Anonymous

[ New ]

viacheslav8488 спасибо за ответ, но к сожалению винда у меня только русская, не могу сменить.

viacheslav8488 thank you for response! but my windows have only russian language packet, and i can't change localization :(

Anonymous

[ New ]

I had follow the steps but dosen't work. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @Anonymous, 

Sorry to hear that the issue remains to be unresolved. To verify, is it version 2.6.2 that you have? Were you able to go through the following steps?

1 Open Quik for desktop

Are you using a non-English language on your computer? Some users like @Anonymous was able to clear the issue by changing language settings. Steps to fix are posted up. Hope to hear back fro you. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Anonymous

[ New ]
  • I had download the latest version (2.6.2.841) before uninstalling Quik from my computer
  • I had Change my computer localization from Hong Kong to USA, also windows language change to English (United States) from HKSAR, then restart my PC
  • After installed Quik, restore default setting by “Restart with default settings” from the Help Menu
  • Finally, I can login successfully but return to login scene at once when I click the photo from MEDIA library

There is no workable solution to solve the said problem by Gopro Support Team. Very disappointed.

Anonymous

[ New ]
Hi, jccwgopro!
Have you also tried to change the country and language in your gopro account?
Anonymous

[ New ]
I already changed to US English since someone stated this can solve the problem.
I follow the instruction every time when I saw someone post a solution here. e.g. Restore, change language, uninstall....
All doesn't work.
Anonymous

[ New ]
jccwgopro, it’s sad, dude, I also tried a lot of advices, but that one which I wrote about changing localization of Windows was the only one, which helped me... Stupid advice, but I think you should try on another PC with English localization, maybe some thing haven’t downloaded or changed in your PC... When I was doing it - firstly I deleted all my Russian localization, than I applied English and windows started downloading files from internet, when it finished my PC restarted 2 times, and only when I installed Quik - everything started working properly... You had the same sequence? Are you sure that when you deleted Quik - there were no old files of this program left? Really don’t know, this advice should work... :(
Sightseer

[ New ]

Same issue on two PC's, one is old another from 2016 - requires login all the time, If I manage to get to "create" - programm just crushes. Not a single advice found on the internet and here helped. Desktop version of quik is unstable and needs to be reworked - very dissapointed. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @nicebluff38662

What is the version installed on the computers you have tried?

If you haven't already, please go over these steps to try and resolve the issue:

1 Open Quik for desktop

Please note that this login issue has already been sent to the team in charge. And we'll post an update as soon as we get one.

Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same issue here.

My Windows installation language is Russian and the login screen appears repeatedly. Can't do anything in the application.

v. 2.6.2.841

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @mcdebugger

Were you able to try the troubleshooting steps listed above?

If not, please go over the step.

We already have the team in charge looking into the login issue.

Thanks!

Ej

Anonymous

[ New ]

Always TRY... forever TRY...

GoPro Support only ask your customer to try this and try that, if cannot be solved, said most of customers can solve the issue by the steps.

But actually, I saw from the forum, I am not the only one, most of customers have this issue.

Don't ask me to contact the GoPro Support again, I already contacted in past two or three months, they have give me some file to feedback the log files for troubleshooting. 

Finally, still cannot find the issue cause. 

Another issue is the GPS feature of HERO 6, I also already contact the GoPro Support team in past two months.

The GPS function is suck, cannot port the correct map, and make the unreasonable speed data.

The HERO 6 camera already replaced 4 times, never solved the issue.

GoPro support team just said it is software issue, not hardware issue.

I bought the HERO 6 since the GPS feature, I can help me to add amazing GPS overlay to my cycling video.

But it is make people feel helpless, I have bought HERO 6 five months, it cannot fullfill my expectation.

Never have any solutions to solve the Quik desktop and GPS issues !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @Anonymous. Appreciate you going through the  recommended steps and for engaging our Support team. By any chance, have you been able to explore Dashware in order to overlay GPS data to your videos? For more information on this, you can check the articles below: 

I hope this helps. 

Best regards, 
Marius