Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Win10 Quik Always ask for login when Choose another editor

Unfortunately, it doesn't help.
Tourist

GoPro

Hello @qika

Which operating system do you have on your computer? Are you using a non-English language on your computer? To verify, were you able to try both proposed solutions (restarting with default settings with new version of Quik, and changing language settings)?

Thanks, 

Marius

Tourist

Unfortunately, I can't change the language, because it's Win 10 single language pack. So, I can use only Russian language on my PC. I was wondering, how many time it takes to fix it? We have already been waiting for ages! In vain, sadly.

GoPro

[ Edited ]

Apologies for the inconvenience, @qika. There are some members/users who have been able to resolve the issue following the suggested “Restart with default settings” solution coupled with an uninstall and re-install process. If you contact our Support team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs , they will be able to help you with troubleshooting steps considering particular settings on your computer. You can reach them via phone or chat. Thanks!

Tourist

Hello @mariustanya @aragon1006

Unfortunatly reset with default settings, full reinstall and gopro account language change didn't help.

I have single language windows 10 version, so can't change language to try another workaroung described here.

Hope you'll find the fix for this issue soon. Please let me know if I help somehow.

Thanks,

Yevhen

GoPro

Appreciate you posting back, @lllyk2look . We are forwarding these results to the team. Please watch out for updates. Thanks!

Hiker

[ Edited ]

Unfortunatly, I have already found GoPro Support team to resolve this problem from March 2018.

During the investigation and troubleshoot in three months, I have replaced a new computer with new Windows 10 Pro, but this issue also appear in my new desktop. And also coordinate to provide the log files of this issue.

But after the investigation and troubleshoot, GoPro Support team provide the following reply on June 2018.

I'm very disappointed to get this response. And I also disppointed to see that GoPro team reply in this forum "There are some members/users who have been able to resolve the issue following the suggested “Restart with default settings” solution coupled with an uninstall and re-install process.".

I want to point out that from this post in forum, we found that most of people appear this issue, most of them still cannot to use the offical Quik app with their GoPro Camera, but I believe that when I bought the HERO6, the price of the package must be included with the relevant applications, and this also is the selling point to attract customer to choose GoPro Camera.

Okay, I tried to follow GoPro Support team's suggestion to use alternative editing software even though I do not want to use alternative editing software. But now I found other GPS issue on my HERO6 and I still solving this with GoPro Support Team. I already bought the HERO6 four months, it never satisfy my expectation.

Hi William,

We really appreciate your patience while our team has been looking into the issues you have been facing with Quik Desktop.

Unfortunately they do not have a confirmed resolution to the problem you are facing. The suggestion is to update to the latest version v2.6.1 that has been released since we were last in communication.

If this still doesn't help, it might be best to use alternative editing software.
We would recommend use DaVinci Resolve (Free). With this you can utilize a much more advance editing application that will take full advantage of your GoPro footage.

Please let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,
GoPro Support
www.gopro.com/support
ref:_00Do0HJuF._5001JXoEwy:ref