Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Win10 Quik Always ask for login when Choose another editor

I had follow the steps but dosen't work. 

GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello @jccwgopro

Sorry to hear that the issue remains to be unresolved. To verify, is it version 2.6.2 that you have? Were you able to go through the following steps?

1 Open Quik for desktop
2 While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
3 Select “Restart with default settings”
4 A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
5 Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
6 Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

Are you using a non-English language on your computer? Some users like @viacheslav8488 was able to clear the issue by changing language settings. Steps to fix are posted up. Hope to hear back fro you. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

• I had download the latest version (2.6.2.841) before uninstalling Quik from my computer
  • I had Change my computer localization from Hong Kong to USA, also windows language change to English (United States) from HKSAR, then restart my PC
  • After installed Quik, restore default setting by “Restart with default settings” from the Help Menu
  • Finally, I can login successfully but return to login scene at once when I click the photo from MEDIA library

There is no workable solution to solve the said problem by Gopro Support Team. Very disappointed.

Tourist

Hi, jccwgopro!
Have you also tried to change the country and language in your gopro account?
Tourist

I already changed to US English since someone stated this can solve the problem.
I follow the instruction every time when I saw someone post a solution here. e.g. Restore, change language, uninstall....
All doesn't work.
Tourist

jccwgopro, it’s sad, dude, I also tried a lot of advices, but that one which I wrote about changing localization of Windows was the only one, which helped me... Stupid advice, but I think you should try on another PC with English localization, maybe some thing haven’t downloaded or changed in your PC... When I was doing it - firstly I deleted all my Russian localization, than I applied English and windows started downloading files from internet, when it finished my PC restarted 2 times, and only when I installed Quik - everything started working properly... You had the same sequence? Are you sure that when you deleted Quik - there were no old files of this program left? Really don’t know, this advice should work... :(
Sightseer

Same issue on two PC's, one is old another from 2016 - requires login all the time, If I manage to get to "create" - programm just crushes. Not a single advice found on the internet and here helped. Desktop version of quik is unstable and needs to be reworked - very dissapointed. 

GoPro

Hi @nicebluff38662

What is the version installed on the computers you have tried?

If you haven't already, please go over these steps to try and resolve the issue:

1 Open Quik for desktop
2 While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
3 Select “Restart with default settings”
4 A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
5 Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
6 Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

Please note that this login issue has already been sent to the team in charge. And we'll post an update as soon as we get one.

Regards,

Ej