Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Re: Win10 Quik Always ask for login when Choose another editor

[ New ]

Since the issue of Quik Desktop never been solved. And the main purpose of my HERO 6 is going to record my cycling activity with GPS data, than I can port the GPS overlay to the video. Finally GoPro Support team suggest / recommend me to use Dashware as you.

The latest version of Dashware still cannot port the map with GoPro HERO 6, I need to copy the data profile of HERO 6 from installation directory of Quik Desktop and replace the GoPro data profile in installation directory of Dashware. No any GoPro Support has mentioned this step as you. This solution is not provided from GoPro Support, it is found by myself with Google Search. GoPro Support recommend me to use Dashware, but no one know the latest Dashware still not compatible to HERO 6 GPS data.

And now the problem is the GPS feature is unstable, the GPS logo on HERO 6 always turn to gery color. A wrong map and unreasonable speed data will be ported by this GPS data. 

Tourist

[ New ]
me too...
This stock price trend chart can be seen, GOPRO has lost the trust of investors or users.
https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/GPRO#eyJTWSI6W1siR1BSTyIsbnVsbCwwLDBdXSwiVFMiOlsxLCJkYXkiLG51bGwsbnV...
Anonymous

[ New ]
exactly the same problem. half a year past but till now problem still not solved. what are you doing there? any step request me to login and I can do nothing in this proramm. How to solve it!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Anonymous

[ New ]

Same issue, keep asking me to login....Quik don't work anymore.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @Anonymous and @Anonymous, 

If you have not done it yet, try the following steps while using the latest version of Quik for desktop (2.6.2): 

1 Open Quik for desktop
2 While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
3 Select “Restart with default settings”
4 A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
5 Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
6 Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

This was posted above but I am not certain if you have been able to do these steps as well. Also check if using a different email address will work. We would love to hear how it works out. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Anonymous

[ New ]
I’ve tried reset with the steps above, even uninstall-and-reinstall the app, but it still doesn’t work.
It’s funny that originally my problem was just “Quik cannot change music in create mode”, and it was still okay to do some works. But now it totally can’t work after my first “Restart with default setting” did before my first comment on this feed.
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about what happened, @Anonymous. At this time, the next step is to reach out to our Support team for a more personalized support. The team will be able to determine if the issue is associated with particular settings on your computer and identify possible solutions based on it. Best regards! 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I also experience exact same problem. got the latest version. tried reinstall couple times. reset setting couple times. it just keep taking me back to login screen.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi @mariustanya, just FYI i also reached out to support team but sadly they don't seem to know how to trouble shoot. The girl helped me say the only cloest issue they have is Quik crashed in win10. WIth this issue going on in the forum for so long. its very dissappointing no one on GoPro side really care about it and no one logs it just letting us customers scratch our heads until we give up trying.

Edwin

Anonymous

[ New ]
Guys, wtf?

I don't need your camera while it doesn't work because I cannot edit the content!

Are you crazy? You cannot fix the simple problem for 9 months!

Your support is ridiculous!

I will suit you!
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous @paichengt80

My apologies for the experience.

I understand that this has been going on for quite some time.

I have raised this to the team in charge and will update this thread as soon as I get additional information from them,.

Regards,

EJ

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thank you. looking forward to the fix. for now i have moved onto use PowerDirector. don't have much hope for the fix coming anytime soon but would be a nice surpirse for coming holidays.

Anonymous

[ New ]

У вас не команда, а группа бездельников. Не могут устранить ошибку уже более года!!! Ни одно из предложенных решений НЕ РАБОТАЕТ!.

Встал вопрос с покупкой новой камеры, в связи кражей старой. Что можете посоветовать кроме GoPro?

Anonymous

[ New ]

https://youtu.be/SrLaJx9icR0

Как не работало, так и не работает. Больше года не могут починить. Хорошо что камеру украли, теперь куплю Sony FDR-X3000R
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Аналогичная проблема, дома стоит топовое железо и не работает quik... вывесил камеру за пол цены на продажу и сегодня поеду вубирать новую. Gopro для меня больше не вариант с такой техподдержкой. Жаль, когда-то был шороший продукт. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

What about Quick 2.7? Is problem still the same?

Anonymous

[ New ]
yes :С
Sightseer

[ New ]

I  have a same problem. Already passed more than a year and nothing has changed. I tried a lot of solution and nothing helped. 

And you think that I will buy GoPro 7??? NO! And I do not advise you.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Their software is so fxxx up. Will not recommend to anyone else. The camera is great software is just horrible. WTF is the most frequent word I use when using their software
Sightseer

[ New ]

Just bought the GoPro Fusion. 

Installed the app. Login - add folder for exported media - nothing. 

Trying to get into CREATE mode or settings - getting sent to login screen again. 

Please, correct me if I am wrong, but how is this the expected flow?  Just bought a brand new camera. Can't get footage from it for hours....

Win10, russian ( already switched to english ) language, reinstalled, resetted to default - nothing helped.

Is there any way to bypass this?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @rodions6

Fusion footage will not work with Quik for desktop. You will need to install the GoPro Fusion Studio application. You can follow this link for the download. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ New ]
Thanks a lot, with Fusion Studio this worked - I can export videos, though if not problematic - what would be the official recommendation in order to be able to playback or edit the default gopro video codec ?
Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same problem. Just got hero black 7, and tried to install quick 2.7.0.945 for windows (10 1809). The qucik is stuck on login screen. Nothing of the above helped. I am completely disappointed with you software :(

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @ma055

If you are able to  log-in to your GoPro account through gopro.com/login without any issue, the next  step would be to get in touch with our Support team. This way, our team will be able to provide a more personalized support as the issue might be associated to particular settings on your computer. You can reach support by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

I will try to chat tommorow, but is seems from this forum that problem exists for half a year, and you do nothing.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, I have same problem with Quik Desktop for Windows. I bought GoPro hero 7 black several days ago, and several days I have a problem with Quik. I login in Quik, but after connect my gopro Quik run to relogin. Windows 10 Pro. I change language system to English (United Kingdom), I delete ukrainian and russian language, but it didn't help me. Also I did help>restart with default sattings. I returned the gopro to the store and bought a new gopro, but the problem persists. How to fix it? 

Tourist

[ New ]

My problem was fixed after creating new account with new settings computer (language). When I login in old account Quik run to relogin. Проблема решилась после того как создал новый аккаунт при новых настройках компьютера. 

1) Удалил квик

2) Выставил язык системы, клавиатуры, язык администрирования англисйский великобритания

3) Перезагрузил

4) Установил Квик

5) Не пытаясь зайти на старый аккаунт, создал новый аккаунт, и тогда заработало.

6) Сменил язык обратно

Tourist

[ New ]

Если у вас программа не работает даже после того как сменили язык системы - попробуйте зайти через сайт на свой профиль, и изменить язык профиля на Английский Великобритания, и тогда вновь попробовать зайти в приложение. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Пока сделал так :

поставил 2.0.1.4320, она сама обновилась до 2.3.0.5383 - обе версии работают, проверил на 2х компах с русской вин 10 про 1809.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same problem GoPro_Quik-WinInstaller-2.7.0.945 
win 10 pro rus

**bleep** you gopro!

Tourist

[ New ]

My nerves were shattered. The program does not work again. Do something about this problem. Such software spoils the reputation of GoPro

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @dizor

I am really sorry for any troubles caused

Please go over these steps:

1. Open Quik for desktop
  2. While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
  3. Select “Restart with default settings”
  4. A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
  5. Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
  6. Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

If you have successfully logged into Quik for desktop in the past,

1. While the "Authenticating" message is appearing, wait 15 seconds, then close Quik for desktop.
  2. Turn off the Wi-fi connection, then re-enable it.(Connect computer via Ethernet cable rather than Wi-fi if possible)
  3. Now reopen Quik for desktop and retry the login.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

i have same  problem

Sightseer

[ New ]
First of all, the steps you've provided aren't working. Well, I'm able to login, but only to enjoy the landing view. Once I click any button ANY - it drops me back to login screen. Are you serious? I'm sorry, but did gopro ***super heroes team*** (SARCASM) ever try to fix the issue people been complaining for a YEAR on these 17 pages?
As a suggestion. Please, next time name your apps like 'Disgrace', 'Shame'. What is the **bleep**ing use of the camera (which is 'fine' in comparison to any app you've ever created) that can not copy images directly to PC?
Tourist

[ New ]

The steps you've provided are not working. I did reinstalling many many times, but Quik aren't working. I also connected to VPN United Kingdom, and change system language to United Kingdom, and removed russian language from my computer, but it didn't take a result.

Tourist

[ New ]

your steps not working at all..same problem goes to Chinese version too..come on...solve it!

Tourist

[ New ]

У меня сработало с первого раза после таких манипуляций

1) Снес Quik

2) Сменил язык в профайле гопроу на UK, тоже сделал в винде в региональных настройках

3) В языках оставил только англ интернациональный и UK - как рекомендовали, думаю будет работать и с US

4) Ничего не чистил, не удалял, только перезагрузился

5) Поставил снова Quik (последнию на данный момент, 2.7)

6) Сразу сбросил настройки в меню Quik

7) Залогинился

В итоге все тормозит, того же функционала что в андроид версии не увидел.

Камера 7 блек супер, но софт отстой

Sightseer

[ New ]

Changing windows' interface language to English helped me as well. 

Sightseer

[ New ]
Same problem. But I can't change windows language, because i have Windows 10 Home with only one language supported.
P.s. Problem exists ONE YEAR - it's a shame, GoPro!
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi Everyone!

We would appreciate if you can go through these steps: 

Kindly test if Quik works after each step.

1. Restart Quik for Desktop with default settings.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Uninstall/reinstall Quik for Desktop.
  4. Create a new gopro.com user account and attempt to reproduce the issue.
  5. Create new user account on local computer and attempt to reproduce the issue.

Also, please indicate if the main email address you have is associated to a GoPro Plus account.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

i want to contribute my way of solving this problem to here..this problem bother me and many chinese users for lang time..i tried all the solutions from GOPRO hub and internet, i even change my system language to English..wont wrok..i accidently restore setting all LSP to be defualt Windows settings..and it works! i shared this to Chinese GoPro community and hundreds of Chinese users used have same problems solved..We chinese use this 360 TOTAL security software. it optimizes your computer every peroid of time..this is where the problem came from..as long as we restore this LSP settings to be default..Quik works! 

微信截图_20181207032429.png
Sightseer

[ New ]

or if someone from GoPro team can actually spend time reading our post and fix the problem. what a wonderful experiene we had with GoPro by spending hours debug for them and nothing change for years. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,
I tried all the steps but it didn't help. No plus account.

Change windows interface didn't work, but when I change windows interface including welcome screen it allow me to login without issue (See attach pic).

After I changed back the windows interface it work.

(Try to logout and login restore the problem and only fixed by change windows interface again back to English, login and restore the interface)

gopro.PNG
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @yoelb075

Thank you for sharing!

Has anyone tried this step? We'll appreciate if you can post it here on this thread.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
@jefft , i lost my camera, i have serial number, how now?
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@nicerange81710 - If you reach out to our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, they can create a record of your lost camera in case anyone contacts us to report that they've found it.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Have the same problem as well.

The solution that worked for me is changing both your GoPro account language and Windows display language to US English. It worked on my spare old laptop.

I suspect the issue is, being that GoPro is a company based in the US, the testing isn't very thorough and they just didn't bother trying to test with any other language. Most, if not all of the users who have this issue have their computer set to display a language that's not English(I have mine set as Chinese Simplified).

So yeah, I think it would be nice if someone tells them to test their program with another language and find the bug from there.

Sightseer

[ New ]

same problem .... very annoying

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @ranr08

Were you able to try the troubleshooting steps listed on this thread?

If you are still getting the same, please contact our Support Team.

They are available by phone or chat.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Windows 10 1809

Quik 2.7.0.945

Work for me method:

1. Change lang to US english

2. Change Welcome screen to US:

Start-Control panel-Region-Administrative-Copy Setting-Copy your current settings to: Welcome screen and system accounts (enable)

3. Clean install QUIK, start.

4. Before login:

Help-Restart with default settings

5. Login QUIK