Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Will there still be a Windows version of the GoPro Player?

[ New ]

The GoPro Max came out in 2019, yet we still cannot edit and reframe using GoPro player for Windows, which was said to be released "soon". Can we please get a timeframe on its release? The Max Exporter isn't getting me anywhere and previewing/editing several hours of content is impossible on a phone app. Any info on the GoPro player for Windows app's progress would be appreciated.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Will there still be a Windows version of the GoPro Player?

[ New ]

Hello, @randy862. There is information here that you may refer to. To get access to the GoPro Player for Windows, you can join this group. The Beta testing is now on its 3rd stage. Joining the group will allow you not only to test the tool but to provide feedback as well. 

Hiker

Re: Will there still be a Windows version of the GoPro Player?

[ New ]
Thanks for the info, but looks like I have to be on facebook to join. Here's my dilemma.. I am recording hours of 5.6 max video that I need to be able to import, play, and edit. Right now I am limited to using the Max exporter, which I cannot export in Cineform because I cant playback or edit the exported files, so I have to choose H264 4k, which downgrades my export down to 720p by the time I reframe the video in Virb. There has to be a better way. Someone ease tell me GoPro is going to come out with a solution. They have promised this software since the fall of 2019 and its still not public. Are they abandoning the project?