Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Wifi Download of files

Is there any way to download from a Hero7 black to a desktop via WiFi?  I can't believe there's no way to do this!

I am doing a long timelapse (several weeks) via a series of individual photos controlled via a BlinkX.  I have the GoPro firmly mounted on a tripod that I don't want to disturb.  It is connected to the mains, but has no battery in it (as recommended) and I would like to download the images somehow via WiFi - either to a laptop or the cloud.

- Quik doesn't work as you need a cable (or to remove the card), neither of which is possible

- GoPro Plus Autoupload doesn't work as you need to have a battery installed and at full capacity for it to work (which is frustrating when the GoPro is connected to the mains)

- Connecting to the GoPro using http://10.5.5.9:8080 doesn't seem to work with the Hero 7

- I can't download to my phone with the GoPro App as the files are enormous vs the capacity of my phone

So I have a GoPro 7 I can connect to fine via WiFi, but seemingly no way to download files off the SD card - which is crazy!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Wifi Download of files

Please see information on your other post @bravebluff12644

Thanks!
Ej