Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Why limited to one minute clips?

Hello...

Help..?!.. I'm trying to edit my videos, but the desktop app only allow me to do it for max 1min? Is there any chances for me to make longer? I'm trying to figure it out, cause I used to do it on a cellphone.. And I was able to do it up to 5min.. I bought something bigger (laptop) to be able to sit and edit on a bigger screen and more space.. :/

Thank you! 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Why limited to one minute clips?

Hi @gloooria35

If you wish to do an edit longer than one minute, you may use Quik for mobile.

You may also try other editing applications using your computer.

GoPro cameras create MP4 and HEVC files. MP4 is a format that is supported by many video editing programs while HEVC will need a more robust graphics card to play smoothly. For other editing options on your home computer, we have had several customers give good reviews of Pinnacle Studio HD, Davinci Resolve,  Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premier Elements, and Apple's iMovie and Final Cut X. 

For more advance video editing applications, please refer to DaVinci Resolve (Free Version) or Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Paid).

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Why limited to one minute clips?

Hi @gloooria35

If you wish to do an edit longer than one minute, you may use Quik for mobile.

You may also try other editing applications using your computer.

GoPro cameras create MP4 and HEVC files. MP4 is a format that is supported by many video editing programs while HEVC will need a more robust graphics card to play smoothly. For other editing options on your home computer, we have had several customers give good reviews of Pinnacle Studio HD, Davinci Resolve,  Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premier Elements, and Apple's iMovie and Final Cut X. 

For more advance video editing applications, please refer to DaVinci Resolve (Free Version) or Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Paid).

Thanks!

Ej