Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Why is Quik so flaky!?

Just tried to edit an hour timewarp and half way though editing the highlights I have added (which are almost impossible to gauge due to the timeline sensitivity being ultra difficutl) The program has decided to go unresponsive and lose all my work up until now.

Why provide software if its so useless?

I have DaVinci resolve but I don't always want to use that as it's complex and I'm no expert. I wanted something simple and easy. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Why is Quik so flaky!?

Managed to nurse the app though an edit, the output starts off okay and then the quality of the footage goes all to hell, blocky and full of artefacts. WTF?!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @caesium

Please go over the steps on Quik for desktop Crashes while Opening Create Mode

For longer edits you may also try other applications listed on Programs to View and Edit Videos or the GoPro app(mobile).

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

I only have one GPU in my PC. I restarted my machine last night and had another go this morning, i played one clip fine in Quik, played a second clip from the media library and after 2 seconds of playback the video became stuttery but the audio was as expected. I have seen posts about this dating back to 2018. How come this is still an issue?