Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Why does GoPro force the video to be split and then not provide a way to seamlessly stitch the video

The reason we bought the GoPro Hero 7 was because there was no claimed file limit. I need to record 45 minutes to 90 minutes of continuos footage.  GoPro forces the file to be split and Quik does not stitch them back together.  I have tried to use mp4joiner but at the stitch point there is a freeze and the audio is then not synced with the video.  Is there a fix for this?  The whole point was to easily be able to record for long periods in a HD format and upload quickly to YouTube. Another issue is in quik the video splits are not in order and the splits are not numbered. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Why does GoPro force the video to be split and then not provide a way to seamlessly stitch th...

Hi @holyspirithsv

Please check the links below:

GoPro Camera File Chaptering Information 

GoPro Camera File Naming Convention

You may use 3rd party applications to stitch the files. Programs to View and Edit Videos

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Why does GoPro force the video to be split and then not provide a way to seamlessly stitch th...

Hi @holyspirithsv

Please check the links below:

GoPro Camera File Chaptering Information 

GoPro Camera File Naming Convention

You may use 3rd party applications to stitch the files. Programs to View and Edit Videos

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Why does GoPro force the video to be split and then not provide a way to seamlessly stitch the v

Had I known about forced chaptering, I would not have purchased this camera. The entire reason for this purchase was to avoid the time consuming process of stitching and encoding the file allowing for a quick upload to YouTube.  I request an update for the Hero 7 Black which will allow the user to determine whether or not they want chaptering on or off.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Why does GoPro force the video to be split and then not provide a way to seamlessly stitch the v

Hi @holyspirithsv

As indicated on the link, chaptering is a precautionary step. Chapters are divided like this so, in the event of a jolt or crash that causes a file to become corrupted, only a portion of your video will be affected and not the whole thing.

We'll have your feedback shared with the team.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

Regards,

Ej