Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Why can't i connect my Hero4 session to my computer with USB?

[ New ]

Ok so I have a Hero 4 session and I really want to hook it up to my computer with a USB, but for some reason whenever I plug it into my PC nothing happens the Camera still charges but my computer doesn't react at all, and I have looked at all of the settings on my camera and can't find anything related to USB connectivity. I've seen tons of videos related to this and none of them have helped. When I plug it in it is supposed to show it on the "This PC" section on the My files app but nothing happens. So do i need to buy a new go pro, I would doubt it because this one has barely been used or dropped. I have also checked the SD card to make sure nothing is wrong or out of date and it seems fine so just help please.

Tourist

Re: Why can't i connect my Hero4 session to my computer with USB?

[ New ]

Hello I have exactly the same problem with my Hero 7 balck. I never had any problem like this with my previous Hero 5 Black. It worked perfectly but for some reason the USB connection does work for the Hero 7 Black. I have windows 10. As you mention, I did not find anything useful on the web. There is nothing regarding USB connection in the settings menu of the camera. I am quite surprised to face such a basic connection problem. I am about to send it back to the vendor. Did you receive any useful answer from GOPRO helpdesk?

Thank you

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @phoenixw7 @megapeak4510

Please go over the steps on Camera is not Recognized when Plugged into a Computer USB Port

You may also try using another cable or using an SD card adapter to access the files.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Ok so this did end up working for me can I use the hero4 session as a webcam?

GoPro

[ New ]

@phoenixw7, there are some user-shared suggestions in this thread that might help.