Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Why can't I disable Time Lapse?

[ New ]

Sorry for the newb question here:

I'm on a GoPro Hero 8 - I just shot some great footage tonight with my bike club only to get it home and find out out the camera had defaulted to Time Lapse (after previously shooting in Cine mode earlier in the evening).  Part of the problem is I am using the Feihyu Vimble 2A gimblal and controlling the camera is becoming a challenge. I start out with everything set to video mode but after a few remote starts and stops the GoPro winds up in TimeLapse.  Any way to force the GoPro to only shoot in video mode?  I would think the whole point of an action camera is to shoot in the mode selected,

GoPro

Re: Why can't I disable Time Lapse?

[ New ]

Hello @lynnc731. We'd like to look further into this. How do you start the recording? Do you power on the camera first before recording? Or do you use QuikCapture to automatically start the recording when the camera is powered off?

Also, do you only notice this happening after changing the battery on your camera?

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for the reply.

The specific problem is with recording while the GoPro is paired with my FeiyuTech Vimble 2A gimbal.   After I set the recording mode on the GoPro and while it is paired with the gimbal, I can start recording with the gimbal's shutter button with a single click.  Unfortunately the shutter button also doubles as a way to switch between recording modes if you hold it down the shutter button for a long press.

When I press the record button on the gimbal I will hear a beep that the GoPro is recording.  But sometimes there seems to be a delay and I wind up hitting the button again and this must be changing the recording mode to Time Lapse. if there was a way to disable Time Lapse and Photo mode while I am shooting with the gimbal that would be helpful. 

The situation is that I am shooting from my bicycle on the run in a group of cyclists.  I get what I think is great footage only to get home and find out it had cut over to Time Lapse and ruined my shot.  Very frustrating!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @lynnc731

Please test if the camera behaves the same when used on its own.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej