Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Why are my video files stuttering

After I've shot a video I try and load it to my iPhone or iPad but the videos are stuttering and jumping. Why is this?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Why are my video files stuttering

Hello, @sunnyridge12017. How do you playback your video files on the iPhone/iPad? Is it through the GoPro App? If so, are you playing back on preview? See if the stuttering will still be observed when the files are saved in the app first, then viewed. 

Does it matter which resolution settings were used for the recording? When playing back higher resolution videos that have been downloaded through the GoPro App and played back on a phone.

Some phones can have a difficult time playing back high resolution video smoothly. If playback is choppy, the actual video file is likely fine - it's most likely just a playback issue on a specific device which will likely play back smooth on other devices or video editing applications.

Highlighted
Sightseer

It's worked. Thank you for your help.  

Highlighted
GoPro

@sunnyridge12017, glad to hear that. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!