Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Where is any GoPro app for desktop (Win)

[ New ]

Hello to everyone! 

I'm am new owner of my first GoPro camera (Hero8 BLK) and I'm getting use to it. But I have litle issue with desktop app to edit my videos. As I found it right, there was plenty of GoPro desktop software as GoPro for desktop, Quik, GoPro Studio. Event on gopro website is written, that there is some GoPro App for desktop. So my question is - what shoild I use to wiev, manage and edit videos from my camera on my desktop nowdays? 

GoPro App (for Android) looks pretty and works well, but I prefer to do this on desktop instead of smartphones litle screen. And my phone has litle internal storage to take whole day of riding to edit it. 

Im starting to be lite sad. 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Where is any GoPro app for desktop (Win)

[ New ]

Hello! @mrrichiecz

Welcome to the Support Hub!

Check out Programs to View and Edit Videos for reference.

You may also check this thread for other applications.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello! @mrrichiecz

Welcome to the Support Hub!

Check out Programs to View and Edit Videos for reference.

You may also check this thread for other applications.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thanks for your reply... 

So I'm again stucked with my poor editing skills and classic editing programs... Well I was really excited about GoPro App and I was really looking forward to make some nice video with it. So I packed the gear and went to track with GoPro, I did few 5 to 10 mins shots and now when I like to download them to app it will last for whole night so it is useless.

I have no chance to place stickers with GPS info into my vids without phone app and I have no chance to make nice video from todays riding.. Why is there that highlight feature anyway. 

Is GoPro at least working on some GoPro Desktop app? I have found user manual for some GoPro App for desktop, but it seams to be some older software. 

I'm really frustrated now.... :(

GoPro

[ New ]

@mrrichiecz, we're continuing to develop a new modern desktop solution, GoPro Player. I can't confirm what features will come to GoPro Player, but stay tuned for future updates! In the meantime, check out our mobile app for features like editing, gauges, and uploading to the cloud.

Nomad

[ New ]

Here are some programs that allow to visualize and add the GPS data on a desktop computer https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Telemetry-GPS-overlays/GoPro-Telemetry-Resources-software/gpm-p...

Tourist

[ New ]

@aenriquez wrote:

@mrrichiecz, we're continuing to develop a new modern desktop solution, GoPro Player. I can't confirm what features will come to GoPro Player, but stay tuned for future updates! 

This software is now available: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Player/ta-p/413305

Click the "Windows" button on that page and the latest version will automatically be downloaded.