Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Where have my edits gone?

[ New ]

Apologies for the double thread title, but I can no longer reply to the old one.

Last post on that one:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Where-have-my-edits-gone/m-p/335396/highlight/...

@aenriquez, you were able to duplicate my problem and asked the following questions:

Do you remember renaming these missing 10 edited videos through the Windows Explorer?

No, I did not rename the edited videos.

Also, did you uninstall and reinstall the application before you noticed this problem?

Yes, I probably did uninstall and reinstall at some point. I have had many other problems with the desktop version of Quik since posting about this issue, so I have again uninstalled and reinstalled. Since then, all edits again have disappeared.

GoPro

Re: Where have my edits gone?

[ New ]

Hi @deanr2309

Can you please look for the GoPro folder.
Check if you have several Edits folder.
Or try to go through the folders under the main folder.
Let us know if you are able to locate the files.

Thanks!
Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

@aragon1006 There is only one edits foder, located here: "C:\Users\<username>\Pictures\GoPro\edits".

This is within my default media folder for Quik.

The folder contains the completed edits.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @deanr2309. While looking at the media under the Edits tab, check the "Filter by:" portion on the upper-right portion of the Quik for desktop window. See if toggling it to All will allow you to view the "missing" media. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @deanr2309. While looking at the media under the Edits tab, check the "Filter by:" portion on the upper-right portion of the Quik for desktop window. See if toggling it to All will allow you to view the "missing" media. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya I checked all options, there is only one edit that appears both in "All" and "Videos".

GoPro

[ New ]

This is odd, @deanr2309. Especially that you see the other edits through the source folder. The next path forward would be to get this submitted with Support so they can bring it to the team in charge. We see that you have contacted Support previously regarding a different issue. You may use the same case number and provide additional details to it.