Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: Where Did Gopro Studio Go?

bad call, gopro.  Quick sucks.  Not sure how I'm supposed to take advantage of editing videos set up with Protune.  Really bad call.  What a bunch of baloney.

Tourist

This was the final thing i needed to finally switch away from gopro.

I cancelled my plus, and put all stuff on ebay, bye bye gopro for good.

Highlighted
Hiker

@netrex wrote:

So now you're going to use a generic action camera (no big deal) and still be forced to use independent software.

Sightseer

@brasda91 wrote:

@netrex wrote:

So now you're going to use a generic action camera (no big deal) and still be forced to use independent software.

Yep. At least me here. I tried another brand (YI) and the only thing i missed from gopro was the editors. Studio, actually since Quik always sucked. You are right about being forced to use independent software, but at least you spend less money in the hardware.

Sightseer

Darn it! PLEASE bring GoPro STUDIO back! Quik is just WAY too limited in functionality - it's a toy - wheras I could make some good quality videos edited with Studio. So sad they chose to end of life this and abandon a user base that probably bought their Go Pros in the first place in order to record and edit high quality video - I am a sad gopro user now. And I'm not really stoked about learning some other vendor's app. Geez - might as well just use my iphone to record video from here on out. 

Sightseer

Right we **bleep**en hate Quik! that program sucks balls. Stupid gopro! Plus I won't be buying anymore lame pro products anymore. Battery on my old hero3+ still sucks. Now my iPhone can record way better.
GoPro

Hello @loyalgorge6212

If you’re looking for a non-linear editor to make your own custom edits with, you can use iMovie on Mac or VSDC on Windows-(http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor/download). Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

It has probably been replaced by Dashware which GoPro purchased.

http://www.dashware.net/

Try it, it's free.