Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

When will we get desktop software that will read gps data off camera?

[ New ]

I purchase this to replace a Virb camera. The image stabilization is amazing, but I cannot use any of the metrix, like GPS, speed, grade, etc, because your desktop software will not work with your camera. Sure, I can use a phone to look at it, but at 60 years old, I can tell you, given a choice I am going with my 32" monitor over a 6" phone! If you had kept the older format of separating the GPX data on a separate file, I could even use that. But, instead, you have chosen to hobble a wonderful camera with worthless software.

So, my question is: When will we get desktop software that can read all the data as well as edit the video? I have asked it before and gotten a general "someday" answer, but after spending this kind of money on a small phone, I would really like an answer!

GoPro

Re: When will we get desktop software that will read gps data off camera?

[ New ]

Hi @greginsticks

This has been shared with the team.

If you prefer working on a computer, you may try other applications ex. Racerender.

You may also check this thread.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I appreciate your reply, and I have seen this list before. It just galls me to pay to get my gpx data extracted to use a third party program. The best option appears to be to pay $49 to someone to extract the gpx data that used to be freely available till the last Hero camera to run on your competitors software! That has to be embarrasing. I have used the free internet converter, but it is cumbersome. Had I known these caveats to using your product, perhaps I would have budgeted more money, knowing the original purchase price was just a teaser to actually making videos.

Nomad

[ New ]

You can extract the data to GPX for free https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/free