Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

When importing GoPro Quik for Mac breaks down my videos into 17 minute 42 sec

On the SD card the video is not break. It has 1:15hr. But when i imported on imac i have 4 smaller videos. I understand from a friend that on windows or on his android smartphone the video is imported full, it is not break in smaller videos.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: When importing GoPro Quik for Mac breaks down my videos into 17 minute 42 sec

@florinmarin - GoPro cameras break down longer videos into smaller files sizes as a protective step. That way, if there's an issue with the shot that damages a recording, you won't lose the entire shot. It's a feature called chaptering. You can still join the files together to make a final video with all of the chapters combined when you edit the video.

More info about chaptering is at https://gopro.com/help/articles/Question_Answer/GoPro-Camera-File-Chaptering-Information.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: When importing GoPro Quik for Mac breaks down my videos into 17 minute 42 sec

Thank your for your answer.

I've read about this on the hub. What was new was that the GoPro camera did not break the video. Only GoProQuick for Mac did when i imported the videos and i believed there is a bug with this version of GoProQuick.