Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

When I try to download a GoPro file to Player, I get a message saying Invalid File

[ New ]

When I open GoPro Player, and attempt to download a GoPro clip from my Hero 9, I get a message saying "Invalid File." I have seen similar issues raised, but the answers seem unsatisfactory and very complicated. Is there a simple solution?

GoPro

Re: When I try to download a GoPro file to Player, I get a message saying Invalid File

[ New ]

Hi @markf26020

What OS version are you using?

Is this happening to a certain file?

Are you able to open the file using other programs?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: When I try to download a GoPro file to Player, I get a message saying Invalid File

[ New ]

Thanks, Ej! Not sure if this is responsive to your question, but I am seeing Windows 10 Home, copyright 2020.

And I can't get the GoPro file to open on other editing apps either, such as Sony Movie Studio.

Mark

Tourist

[ New ]

Ej:

It seems to be happening to all the files I'm creating, with one interesting exception: Player will download and let me edit the LRV, low-resolution, files!

Mark

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @markf26020

Kindly check your computer specs.

See What Are the Minimum System Requirements for GoPro Player? 

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same issue, I have always used Serif for video stuff, but been a coupl of years since i last used it. Got the app on my PC windows 10 and I've got invalid file too. my camera is a few years old, is it possible to simply grab a frame using any software.

Tourist

[ New ]

I was using the Quick App on a MacBook with OS 10.13, which is below the minimum requirements.  It would not download the Hero9 files from the card in a reader without an error.  I even tried copying the mp4 files directly from the memory card and the Mac operating system gave me an "invalid file" error on many of the files.  That really surprised me.  So, I put the card back in the camera and downloaded everything to an iPad and was then able to transfer over the files to the MacBook.  After that, I had no issues.